Hardware 2DS randomly sleeps?

TheGlow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I inherited my daughters 2DS when I got her a 3DSXL.
I've come to realize she's been having all sorts of issue. Like sound randomly turning off. It turns out the little metal shield in the console covering the cpu fell off and was causing a short.
So I removed that.
Now I have experience when waking the system from sleep, the first 3 minutes or so it will often just sleep on its own. Sometimes it will just flicker off and come back Paused and other times it stays slept until I move the switch to sleep and back off again.
I opened just the back panel but from what I can see the switch is moving cleanly back and forward, no jams. I would have to open it fully to see the front side but I dont see how something else may be shorting that.
Sometimes the sleeps seem to be game related like I was trying Monster Hunter 4U and after finishing a quests, it fades to black and then back to town. Sometimes it would fade to black and tricket me into thinking its loading but no, it really went back to sleep.
if its been on for a while like 5 mins or so, I don't seem to encounter it anymore.
Any ideas on that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!