Hardware 2DS doesn't power on after a fall

m0rt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My gf's 2DS doesn't power on after falling down to the floor., from a height of ~50cm.
There is only a little scratch in the bottom right corner near the sleep mode slider but no break in the case or anything. The thing fell exactly on that corner.

So far I tried to just charge it up, opened the part of the back case to reach the battery, to see if it still sits right etc. That didn't fix the issue though.

Atm it just shows the orange charging light and doesn't seem to respond to any pressing of the power button. The screens won't even turn on or anything. I will probably open it up again and have a deeper look into it but I first need to get hold of a Phillips #00 screwdriver.

Anyone here encountered a similar thing or has some advice? Sending it in to Nintendo is no option...

m0rt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just a little update for those who may encounter the same problem at one point:

I had to open up the 2DS and found out that the sleep mode switch was not sitting right. It was working again right after fixing that :D :D

Reactions: cearp

m0rt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So the sleep mode was on after the fall, lol haha. Nice that it was only this

Kinda but it doesn't seem to have been on at all. There was no sleepmode indication (blue fading light LED..) nor any blue light shown at all. The tiny slider inside the sleep mode switch was barely connected anymore.
Anyways, I'm really happy to have been successful in reviving this little piece of hardware haha.

A word of advice, get some good quality screwdriver and bring a lot of patience with you when you get over to the screws... I messed it up and stripped some of the screw heads, but was still able to carefully open up the thing :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F