Gaming 2 Mod/hack questions about dsi

Lord of the Danc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if these are nub questions but I'm new to the modding/hacking stuff. I've seen people post that only 500 or so DSi's can be hacked. Is that because they have downloaded the sudoku before it was patched, or some other reason?

Question 2, the other thing is that every time I see that it says DSi mode is impossible. Is regular DS mode?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, I've seriously been looking for like 3 hours for the answer before posting. I have a DS lite and a DSi and want to do some stuff with my new wife without buying a new card.

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if these are nub questions but I'm new to the modding/hacking stuff. I've seen people post that only 500 or so DSi's can be hacked. Is that because they have downloaded the sudoku before it was patched, or some other reason?
Yep, it's because only ~500 people have Sudoku.

Question 2, the other thing is that every time I see that it says DSi mode is impossible. Is regular DS mode?
DSi mode isn't impossible, in an old firmware, I believe. For DSMode, DSTwo is best.

Sorry if these are dumb questions, I've seriously been looking for like 3 hours for the answer before posting. I have a DS lite and a DSi and want to do some stuff with my new wife without buying a new card.[/quote]

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, technically all DSi's can be "hacked" using a flashcart such as a DSTwo or R4. However, only about 500 can be softmodded (hacked without any extra hardware).

DSi mode really only takes advantage of extra RAM and such. Black2/White2 had a DSi mode, so you could see slightly better performance playing those games on a DSi vs a regular DS/Lite

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-