Hacking 11.2 o3DS small w/ Luma/A9LH NOT BOOTING WITH SD CARD!

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay that actually saves me time. I was only thinking about uninstalling just in case anything bad happens. I'm about to format now. Wish me luck! If sd still does not work, I guess i'll have to blame a faulty sd card slot.
It doesn't make sense if a system format fixes an SD card reading problem but I guess it can't hurt to try.

atin675

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I think my sd card slot is officially broken. Just formatted and hate myself for using the brand new sd card adapter. Anyways thanks so much for all your help! Can you recommend any sd card replacement trays for me? ;)

D

Deleted User

I just bought this new micro-sd card: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-...38790&wl11=online&wl12=44875081&wl13=&veh=sem

I first used a different micro sd adapter that was from Lexar but then my dumbass decided to go with the new one instead. When I did the whole formatting process for 128gb cards, I put it into the Samsung adapter. I insert it into my system but I didn't hear any click when inserting. When I turned it on, Luma3DS settings popped up. I don't know why I did but I fricking turned off the console. When I try turning it on again, blue light shows for a second then off. Now I try to use the old micro sd again in hope that everything is fine. And then............it fucking gets stuck. I get some tweezers try to pull it out and finally came out after raging. Then I put the old sd card adapter with my old micro sd card in there and the system STILL SHOWS THE BLUE LIGHT THEN TURNS OFF. At this point I'm panicking. Then I take out sd card and turn on console. Boots perfectly. After a while of inserting and reinserting sd card, the system starts to boot with it but still doesn't detect sd card. Now I don't think that my sd card slot broke. I think I corrupted something with Luma/A9LH and now I'm thinking of formatting my 3ds. Someone please give me more suggestions. I think formatting is a good first option since nothing else is working and my only other option is to tear down my 3DS and replace sd card tray. Also, if I format, will my 3ds brick or anything corrupt since I have Luma/A9LH installed on sysNand? What saves can I back up as well?

EDIT: When system boots with SD card inserted, now it actually goes into home menu but it says "Could not detect an SD Card. The software on the SD Card could not be displayed."

well given that the sd card was possible being writen at that time, try reformatting that sd card, make sure it is fat32 and!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for what ever reason certain programs. (such as easeus) put it as logical, DO NOT have it as a logical format, and second make sure that your cluster size is 32kb or more. and for luma corrupting is unlikely, armloader9 is not modified as only luma is. given that your sd was inserted the settings in the sd was only screwed with (because you said that it works with the sd out) so format the sd card. see if that fixes. And if it doesn't format the sd again, BUT do not do a quick format. (it will take sometime, but it could correct some issues with the sd) and try again. if that doesn't work try a different sd card. if that works then its the sd card that you were using. if not however then its your 3ds... and you should contact somebody who has advanced knowlage on this matter. such as the creators. and see if they can help you. formatting your device will not effect arm9 nor luma. as they are installed on arm9 and arm9 in 3ds mode acts as security and stuff. arm11 is the bit that would be modified when you format. (all though don't take my word for it, as im not a professional.) so don't format your 3ds.

atin675

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well given that the sd card was possible being writen at that time, try reformatting that sd card, make sure it is fat32 and!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for what ever reason certain programs. (such as easeus) put it as logical, DO NOT have it as a logical format, and second make sure that your cluster size is 32kb or more. and for luma corrupting is unlikely, armloader9 is not modified as only luma is. given that your sd was inserted the settings in the sd was only screwed with (because you said that it works with the sd out) so format the sd card. see if that fixes. And if it doesn't format the sd again, BUT do not do a quick format. (it will take sometime, but it could correct some issues with the sd) and try again. if that doesn't work try a different sd card. if that works then its the sd card that you were using. if not however then its your 3ds... and you should contact somebody who has advanced knowlage on this matter. such as the creators. and see if they can help you. formatting your device will not effect arm9 nor luma. as they are installed on arm9 and arm9 in 3ds mode acts as security and stuff. arm11 is the bit that would be modified when you format. (all though don't take my word for it, as im not a professional.) so don't format your 3ds.
Well its too late, I already formatted. I ordered a replacement sd card slot because I'm positive I messed around with it really badly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol