Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Why wouldn't you see the need ? I'm btw also building a new ryzen based pc and selling the old one with the 6700K and 980 Ti so.
GPUs are primarily used for gaming. If the GTX1080 and Titan are already maxing out your games why do you need a 1080ti? Are you ever going to use all those GB's of VRAM? If your playing the latest PC game are you really going to hit maximum GPU usage? Maybe future proof but it seems like an odd time to release a more powerful pascal.

kumikochan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
GPUs are primarily used for gaming. If the GTX1080 and Titan are already maxing out your games why do you need a 1080ti? Are you ever going to use all those GB's of VRAM? If your playing the latest PC game are you really going to hit maximum GPU usage? Maybe future proof but it seems like an odd time to release a more powerful pascal.
No they don't. Especially the 1080 doesn't. I'm using a 4k monitor and Always use 4k resolutions. A 1080 doesn't handle 4K perfectly when a 1080Ti will do so a lot better. Plus like i said, i'm using a 980TI at the moment since i didn't see the need to upgrade from a 980Ti to a 1080. I was waiting for the 1080TI

Last edited by kumikochan,

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Needed for the high fps 1440p lot as well. Not everyone is targetting 60fps.

1080 falls short of 120/144fps a lot of the time at that res, ti should be able to make.

There's definitely a need for this card for a section of the market. Might be a small section, but it's still there.

Reactions: kumikochan

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why wouldn't you see the need ? I'm btw also building a new ryzen based pc and selling the old one with the 6700K and 980 Ti so.
I think there's no reason to change your i7 cpu, it's still great unless you aim for editing or encoding videos.
No they don't. Especially the 1080 doesn't. I'm using a 4k monitor and Always use 4k resolutions. A 1080 doesn't handle 4K perfectly when a 1080Ti will do so a lot better. Plus like i said, i'm using a 980TI at the moment since i didn't see the need to upgrade from a 980Ti to a 1080. I was waiting for the 1080TI
It's perfect for your needs, afaik even titan xp struggles at 4k on some games (maybe bad porting). Still a beast gpu, I would think of buying it not before i see vega.

kumikochan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think there's no reason to change your i7 cpu, it's still great unless you aim for editing or encoding videos.

It's perfect for your needs, afaik even titan xp struggles at 4k on some games (maybe bad porting). Still a beast gpu, I would think of buying it not before i see vega.
i"m a pc enthousiast so i upgrade all the time

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The price of nvidia 1080 dropped to 499 euro, not bad. I might consider this gpu for qhd instead of the ti version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)