Hacking 1000 ways to brick your 3DS

Have you bricked your 3DS at least once?

• Yes

Votes: 43 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 223 79.6%
  • LEL I don't know what a brick is.

Votes: 14 5.0%

• Total voters

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I will never try betas. I've never been afraid of bricks until now... Does piracy brick?
If you use mt-card or dstwo+ you may get a brick, also if you install wrong system cias on your 3ds.
If you just use roms with sky3ds or gateway 3ds you will be safe, also if you install trusted cias from rom sites. Rxtool is also safe and probably the best option

Last edited by Rizzorules,

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use mt-card or dstwo+ you may get a brick, also if you install wrong system cias on your 3ds.
If you just use roms with sky3ds or gateway 3ds you will be safe, also if you install trusted cias from rom sites
Well I can't get a flashcard... I'll probably use Citra and see if those cias are legit, but not all games run...

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
9.6.0 (Yes I'm part of the stupid gatewait. Things are so much easier on Wii U)
In the next couple of weeks you will be able to downgrade your 3ds back to 9.2 and after that you will be able to install rxtools. My wiiu is on 5.4 so im still waiting for hykem to launch the exploit..

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the next couple of weeks you will be able to downgrade your 3ds back to 9.2 and after that you will be able to install rxtools. My wiiu is on 5.4 so im still waiting for hykem to launch the exploit..
But I don't know if I should trust it. Guess I'll wait for some reports.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
If you use mt-card or dstwo+ you may get a brick
Quick question. I'm not doubting you, but what evidence have we been given so far to show that this is true?

Edit: Obviously we all know about the brick code. I'm talking specific examples of people using the dstwo+ and getting bricked.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Quick question. I'm not doubting you, but what evidence have we been given so far to show that this is true?

Edit: Obviously we all know about the brick code. I'm talking specific examples of people using the dstwo+ and getting bricked.
Somebody used gateway 3.6 on a DStwo+ and got bricked.

Xinaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A way to brick a 2ds is to install mset from 3ds, and then format it, it will ask to slide the 3d slider to max, but 2ds dont have a 3d slide. Softbrick

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will never try betas. I've never been afraid of bricks until now... Does piracy brick?
Piracy will brick your soul. That's why these efforts are for homebrew and learning only.

BTW, you should consider EVERYTHING on the forum to be a beta if not an alpha, all have risk, all have had people break things. The 0 day warranty period is kinda rough too :)

D

Deleted-236924

One guy? Bunch of guys? I was looking around and found nothing. Not saying you guys are wrong, I just need some more evidence to believe it.
One guy in the 3.6 release thread, plenty more for the 3.5/3.5.1 release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1