PS1/2 $100 PS3 Price Drop

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
Well we get paid more so even if it costs more here we wouldn't have to work as many hours to save up and buy one. It's all swings and roundabouts!

That's what people were telling me, but it's not true. If it were true, that'd suggest that the currency exchange rate is wrong... but it's not. The average wage over here is slightly better, but typically we don't get paid more.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meh, PS3 doesn't interest me. Most of its titles has been ported to X360 which is much cheaper... As of now, I really don't see the point of getting a PS3 other than a few exclusives that I wouldn't even mind skipping
sleep.gif

googleboy2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was this guy called LIK-SANG. He was a dear friend as he always provided me with the latest Video games. He was killed by some lunatic called SONY. while my friend was taking his last breath I promised him I would never see SONY's face in my life.

Last words of my friend- :'(

"Blame it on Sony. That's the latest dark spot in their shameful track record as gaming industry leader. The Empire finally 'won', few dominating retailers from the UK probably will rejoice the news, but everybody else in the gaming world lost something today."
lecture.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So where are the good games for the Wii?
In the shops? Never seen Excite truck, Zelda, Mario Football, RE4, Super Paper Mario?

For me the Wii has my most wanted none titles to come this year. MP3, Mario Galaxy, SSBB, Battlillion Wars, Nights etc.

PS3 has BigLittlePlanet and the rest I want are on 360 or PC. Don't care about MGS or FF, bored of the those now.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Currently the ps3 is £400 in uk. I've seen them with a free game. Play.com are selling the 360 premium pack now for £229. Which I think is a good deal considering the wii costs £179 and is full of ports.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony doesn't really have a choice but to drop the price. They are getting stomped by the competition. They know that, even if they won't admit it.

I mean, it's pretty sad when the obsolete GBA outsells the PS3.

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
Well, the excuse that a PS3 is cheaper than a Blu-Ray player might be a valid one. The only flaws I see are:
a) I don't have a high-res TV, my TV is a 4-year-old 42'' plasma screen with no HD whatsoever.
b) I really don't think DVD quality is outdated yet, I could handle it for a few more years.
c) Well, I download most of the movies I watch, and sometimes those 700MB files suit me just fine. Goold old Xvid/DivX still has it's charm.

I WILL buy a PS3, but only when there are good games (not great games, I settle with good. GTAIV is probably the first game that I consider to be good, perhaps MGS3 as well, but a console needs more than just 2-3 good games) and the price seems a little more reasonable.
If you are loaded with money, however, sure, getting a PS3 sounds like a reasonable thing. You can probably place it next to the gold statue you have on your swimming pool or something. It's not like it's gonna set you back or anything...

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
We all knew this was going to happen. It happened with the PS2 too.

Step 1: Overprice, to get money from people who want to be the first ones on their block to have the new toy (the exclusivity tax, as they call it);
Step 2: Lower price, so that everyone else can buy it as well;
Step 3: Sell games;
Step 4: Cover losses;
Step 5: Profit!!$!$$$$$!$$!$!

Only, in the case of the PS3, that last step is dubious. As well as all the others. Except for the first one.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
Ehh.. blue-ray is overrated.

It's not at all much of an improvement on the DVD's capabilities.

EDIT: Oh.. and why did I not wait with bying the PS3 until the exclusivity tax was gone...
unsure.gif
hahaha.....

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So where are the good games for the Wii?
In the shops? Never seen Excite truck, Zelda, Mario Football, RE4, Super Paper Mario?
come on, Excite Truck is really average, and Zelda and RE4 are close-to-original ports of GameCube games with some pointer controls added...

both the Wii and the PS3 will be getting their good games, and I'm certain that the PS3 will be just as successful as the XBox360 by 2008...I'd be willing to pay $399 for it

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PS3 is not only a game console, it is also an unbeatable quality blu-ray player in its price range. Even if there were absolutely no games out for PS3, it's worth buying just because other bluray players are unbelievably expensive (and is worse than PS3's)

Thats the whole point right there. Sony hyped this machine up to be the last coming of game consoles and in the end it wound up being nothing more than a cheap Blu-ray player
mauer.gif

So, if you have no interest at all in Blu-ray......like me.....then this system has nothing special to offer.

Dthruking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3 blows compared to 360 and wii....maybe it will have some good games out but the point is that almost ALL the GOOD games that are gonna come out for it are also gonna come out for 360

so dont waste your money on that useless piece of junk they call a PS3. Blue-Ray movies arent that much better.

So now lets see how many of you agree with me?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
PS3 blows compared to 360 and wii....maybe it will have some good games out but the point is that almost ALL the GOOD games that are gonna come out for it are also gonna come out for 360

so dont waste your money on that useless piece of junk they call a PS3. Blue-Ray movies arent that much better.

Somebody's never seen a blu-ray movie on a GREAT HD TV.

mehmed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

so dont waste your money on that useless piece of junk they call a PS3.  Blue-Ray movies arent that much better.

You can say the same for a HD HVD.

snesmaster40

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd probably only get a PS3 if the games get better, and if I can play PS2 imports.

At the moment I'm just really enjoying my flip-top modded PS2 with the cheaper games

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country

so dont waste your money on that useless piece of junk they call a PS3.  Blue-Ray movies arent that much better.

Have you?

I have a terrific HD TV, one 40 inch Samsung LCD. And from experiencing blu-ray movies and other HD media first hand, I can let you in on my conclusion that it's not all that much better. It's more crisp and have a deeper level of detail, but it's pretty pointless overall. I could live with out it, really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks