Zaiga

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So, I recently got a DS N5 and was pretty excited..until I found out that it might brick my DS. I've only used it a couple of times since I was afraid of it damaging my DS. I was just wondering if it can actually burn a fuse? And if it does, are there any people who have expierenced it on the forums? And should I continue to use it or just leave it? Thanks.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
So, I recently got a DS N5 and was pretty excited..until I found out that it might brick my DS. I've only used it a couple of times since I was afraid of it damaging my DS. I was just wondering if it can actually burn a fuse? And if it does, are there any people who have expierenced it on the forums? And should I continue to use it or just leave it? Thanks.
I suggest returning it for a better flashcart. I heard of nothing but problems with it. Also if you blow a fuse in the Nintendo DS, they aren't easy to replace, well, near impossible. You have to replace the fuse with a piece of metal that joins the two contacts where the fuze originally was. Problem is, if you ever have a problem that the fuze would have prevented, it could fry your Nintendo DS instead.

Zaiga

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I appreciate the help, but I can't return it. I got it from a friend who actually went to China to buy it. So should I just leave it?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
I appreciate the help, but I can't return it. I got it from a friend who actually went to China to buy it. So should I just leave it?
Well, its a decent cart, but if you do keep it, I suggest following VatoLoco's post above to fix the N5 to prevent it from blowing the fuse in the NDS. As long as its fixed, it should be fairly safe to use.
smile.gif

Zaiga

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would try and fix it, but it seems kind of confusing for me. And I don't want to mess with my DS too much. I'm kind of cautious.. xD

Zaiga

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the help guys. Maybe I will get one. Is the Acekard 2 reliable?

EDIT: Also, is Deal Extreme a good site to order things from? I've never done it before..

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, DX is a good trustworthy site, Ive gotten numerous orders from them(they exchanged my N5 with no hassles)...they have a long delivery time though , usually @ 2wks or so (to the US)

Zaiga sez: "I would try and fix it, but it seems kind of confusing for me. And I don't want to mess with my DS too much. I'm kind of cautious.. xD"

it's a fix for the N5, not the DS
smile.gif

from Dx forums:
Waverider Tuesday, April 22, 2008 3:33 AM
"OK I did some tinkering with the 2 N5 cards that I have.
The second card I wanted to to see if there is a way to fix the problem without de-soldering the micro-sd slot. When working on the 1st card I noticed the there was a gap between the micro-sd housing and the circuit board. So I was wondering if I can slide something non-conductive under the slot. So I cut strips of paper in various widths to see if it could be slid underneath the slot. I used some regular print paper from my printer for this. The size that worked was a little over half the width of sd-slot. I left the slip extra long so in case I made a mistake, all I do is cut the end and try again. It was a little of a tight fit but I manage to slip the paper all the in so the micro-sd contacts will not touch the circuit board. Make sure that the paper is far left as possible since the contacts are on the left side. With the extra paper, all I did was pull the tab up and it tore right off. I tested it for a few hours. The N5 I used had a habit of corrupting the micro-SD card in less than a day. It's been 2 days now and no corruption yet."

link_xt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello people, I'm going to buy a N5, but I am very worried about this problem, it really bricks the DS or only the N5? Thanks
smile.gif

link_xt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks Urza and xJonny
yaynds.gif

edit---
Did N5 blow a fuse of the NDS?
blink.gif
There is any way to prevent it?

edit--
I searched and googled over internet, and i will buy another flashcard instead. N5, many problems for one card.THX

Treny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DONT BUY N5, My ds is Killing itself and constantly turning off because of it! It sucks, If i knew i would've gone and bought a totally new system, NEVER BUY N5!
hate2.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Treny said:
DONT BUY N5, My ds is Killing itself and constantly turning off because of it! It sucks, If i knew i would've gone and bought a totally new system, NEVER BUY N5!
hate2.gif

You're over a year late with your advice mate! lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc