Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another big look at whats coming in 2008 on the DS, part one is HERE. I tried to get every game in that looked interesting or could be good but some may have been missed. If I mentioned every DS game for next year that had details and screens it'll take weeks to do. Also bare in mind that dates could be wrong, games could be cancelled. Stay tuned for the regular weekly threads.

Mysterious Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer DS

Expected: Febuary Genre: Dungeon Crawling RPG
Developer: Chunsoft Publisher: SEGA of America

Chunsoft brings us another of its Mysterious Dungeon titles (the previous ones were the Pokemon ones). Hey look! Its another remake! No no its a "reincarnation" of the SNES game. The game takes place in a fantasized version of ancient Japan that follows a wandering ronin (a masterless samurai) known as Shiren who travels the land with his little weasel pet Koppa. They've set off to find the mystical Land of the Golden Condor, said to be the home of the legendary city of gold known as El Dorado, and together they will wander the dusty lands and delve into the darkest depths of the dungeons they encounter as Shiren works to make his discovery. It features a unique but traditional turn-based battle system, as seen in other Mysterious Dungeon spin-offs. The DS version follows suit in the tradition, adding new monsters, updated visuals and sounds, and a tutorial mode. Theres a 2nd DS game coming out in Japan and 3rd game in the series heading to the Wii. Ok its yet another remake but it never came out of Japan so I guess thats ok and its suppose to be a real good game.

thumb_firepuff05.jpg
thumb_curse_girl02.jpg
thumb_image0260.jpg

The Legend of Kage 2

Expected: March Genre: Action slasher
Developer: Tatio Publisher: Tatio

A very long awaited sequel to a game that was released into the arcades 20 years ago. You basically played a ninja and went around slicing enemies, nothing complicated just nice simple hacking and slashing. This game is aimed at those who are sick of the touching and scratching and who want something thats just simple to play but not easy! The new game has 12 stages for Kage and 12 stages for his kunoichi counterpart, Chihiro but chances are that they will probably be the same 12 but with different enemy and item layout. The developers are also aiming for a deeper game though I have no idea what they mean. Yes yes the NES version of the first game sucked total ass but the arcade one was good, I really liked it because I like these sort of games and well I doubt Temco will do a platforming Ninja Gaiden again so this will have to do! Can't wait for this as I'm one of those bored with pet, mini games, brain and kiddy cash in titles.

Video Link

ME0000871723_2.jpg
ME0000871720_2.jpg
ME0000871721_2.jpg

Final Fantasy IV

Expected: TBA Genre: RPG
Developer: Matrix Software Publisher: Square Enix

Released next week in Japan but with no date for a English release, comes yet another FF remake, and one of IV AGAIN. Whats changed from the original is that it is in 3D, has new episodes , features the full story that was left out of the SNES game due to space issues and there is also a new ability that could change the gameplay as well. Unlike the original FFIV where party members had specific abilities, the remake allows for main party members to inherit the abilities of former party members. Also just mentioned is a math mini game, where you solve math shit to gain new characters. Is this enough to entice those who have recently played the GBA version? The game is developed by Matrix Software, the same team responsible for the Final Fantasy III remake, and is supervised by members of the original development team: Takashi Tokita serves as executive producer and director, Tomoya Asano as producer and Hiroyuki Ito as battle designer. Animator Yoshinori Kanada storyboarded the new cut scenes.

Video Link

ME0000868868_2.jpg
ME0000868869_2.jpg
ME0000868871_2.jpg

Rune Factory 2

Expected: TBA Genre: Farm building dungeon crawler
Developer: Neverland Co., Ltd. Publisher: Marvelous Interactive Natsume

Like a lot of people I really enjoyed the first game but I stopped playing it as the bugs irritated me. So here is the sequel, and judging from those screens its more of the same. It is set several years after Raguna and friends defeated the evil plans of the Sechs Empire. Things are at peace again in Norad Kingdom. In the village of Alvanna, a boy named Kyle has become old enough to travel on his own. Right before he begins his adventures, a strange premonition of doom begins to appear as a strange lady named Mana makes an appearance. Instead of having to press start to enter the inventory to change accessories and armor, there are now touchable tabs in the lower left-corner of the DS touch screen. Tapping on these tabs will open up a larger window, where the player can easily equip the items they need. There is also a gauge on the upper screen to show how much water is in your watering-can. Lets hope that there are less bugs this time

Video Link

ME0000842119_2.jpg
ME0000842122_2.jpg
ME0000833947_2.jpg

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Expected: TBA Genre: Action RPG
Developer: Hand Publisher: Square Enix

In Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, you will explore a variety of Disney worlds in not only single- player mode, but also in multiplayer missions (including co op) made possible by the unique networking features of the Nintendo DS in an all-new and mysterious Kingdom Hearts storyline!

Video Link

ME0000881903_2.jpg
ME0000881902_2.jpg

Ys AND Ys II

Developer: Interchannel-Holon Publisher: Interchannel-Holon

Yay more RPG remakes! Just what the DS needs. Ys DS and Ys II DS will feature big improvements over their original counterparts. You now directly attack your enemies, rather than merely bumping into them. On top of this, the game's control system has been revamped with full stylus support, allowing you to tap points on the screen to make Adol, the red-haired main character, move. Expect the usual revamping, added story and so on. I personally think its a bit of a shitter that they are not on one DS cart seeing Ys Book I & II for the Turbo Grafx CD had both games and more on them...sigh. Screens are of both games.

ME0000888637_2.jpg
ME0000888652_2.jpg
ME0000888648_2.jpg

Space Invaders Extreme

Expected: TBA Genre: Shooter
Developer: Tatio Publisher: Tatio

The other Space Invader DS game was a bit meh to be honest, but this is sounding like its returning to its awesome self from those who have played it. A "cool" and "extreme" (according to the game makers) version of the classic space shooter. Blast the aliens before they reach the bottom of the screen and attack your firing base. This "Extreme" entry in the series features wild new lighting and graphic effects to give the game a trippy look. The DS version also allows for a DS Paddle Controller (plugged into the GBA slot) to give simple and accurate analog control.

tgs-2007-space-invaders-extreme-screens-20070920061455739.jpg
tgs-2007-space-invaders-extreme-screens-20070920061457176.jpg
tgs-2007-space-invaders-extreme-screens-20070920061454192.jpg

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates

Expected: April-June Genre: Action RPG
Developer: Square Enix Publisher: Square Enix

Witness the tale of twin children blessed by the crystals, whose inseparable fate leads them on a journey fraught with trials. Experience the journey of Ring of Fates in a compelling single-player mode. Tackle challenging quests with the help of your friends in a cooperative multiplayer mode, or play head-to-head multiplayer mode, both supporting up to four players! The Japanese version seemed to be really really good and I enjoyed it a lot. Still no release date for English release but its coming.

Video Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=QuDbj7vJ4HU

ME0000889687_2.jpg

Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness

Expected: SummerGenre: RPG Farming sim
Developer: Natsume Publisher: Natsume

Another HM game, and it won't be the last on the DS as theres probably gonna be about 13 more by the end of the year. The last DS game sucked for me but I hope this is better. Work with your friends to create a farm on a deserted island in this entry of the popular farming game. Choose from a male of female character and begin the game as you arrive on a island following a disaster at sea. Joining you is the old timer Tarou, his daughter Felena, and her two kids, Natalie and Eric. The island offers some hints that it may have been inhabited in the past, but it now seems to be deserted. Working with your fellow refugees, your first order of business is to create a farm. As you build up your farm, people who have an interest in the farming biz move on over to the island. These people open up shops and facilities, contributing to the island's development, and giving you new areas to explore and new people to speak with. You can also make friendly with members of the opposite sex, conversing regularly and giving presents with the ultimate goal of getting married. Sounds better than the last anyway, I just hope that theres no bugs.

ME0000782730_2.jpg
ME0000735955_2.jpg
ME0000782729_2.jpg

Egg Monster Hero

Developer: Neversoft Entertainment Publisher: Square Enix

This game is finally coming out over here and was Square Enix's first NDS game (back in 2005) and is a version of its oddball Hanjuku Hero series -- the first RPG for the series. You play as prince of the Alma Moon Kingdom and command Egg Monsters in battle. The game's battle system involves lots of touch-pen functionality as you drag your Egg Monsters towards the enemy.

Video Link

ME0000563274_2.jpg
ME0000563279_2.jpg
ME0000563276_2.jpg

River King: Mystic Valley

Expected: TBA Genre: RPG Fishing
Developer: Neversoft Entertainment Publisher: Natsume

Been waiting a very long time this game and it looks like we're finally gonna get it. Journey to rivers, swamps, ponds and hidden fishing spots as you look for the mysterious River King to help your younger sister wake from her unexplained slumber. But you are not alone on this adventure, make friends with the magical creatures of Mystic Valley and unlock their special abilities to help you. You are your sister’s last hope and it will take all of your fishing skill to catch the elusive River King. Also features WFC online.

Video Link

ME0000850809_2.jpg
ME0000850806_2.jpg
ME0000850811_2.jpg

Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword

Expected: Febuary-March Genre: Action Slasher
Developer: Team Ninja Publisher: Temco

To be honest I wasn't that impressed by the demo but I am still looking forward to this, should be a fine little slasher thats hella pretty to boot. Was due in 2007 but now out in March in Japan anyway, no US date so expect it after. Hopefully the extra time will be used to make the game longer than 4 hours.

Irpacynot's Video Link

ME0000874267_2.jpg
ME0000874264_2.jpg
ME0000874272_2.jpg

ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat

Expected: TBA Genre: Strategy RPG
Developer: Mistwalker Publisher: Nintendo

Hands up who are the ones waiting for the English release? Still TBA but its coming. Created by Final Fantasy father Hironobu Sakaguchi this is a strategy RPG that uses a grid-based strategy-RPG system, combined with traditional Final Fantasy-style turn-based combat and will be the largest DS game to date (size wise anyway) with a crap load of FMV. The game uses some pre-rendered graphics with with a highly detailed characters and worlds. Could be a great RPG, would be nice as I've found the more recent ones to be lacking.

Video Link

screenshot1.jpg
screenshot2_small.jpg
screenshot4.jpg

Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice

Expected: January-April Genre: Adventure, detective layer sim
Developer: Capcom Publisher: Capcom

You should know what this is and you should know that it'll be a good game at least. Finally got round to finishing 2 & 3 so I'm looking forward to this one. This is the first Ace Attorney title made only for the DS (the others were GBA ports) and also the first where you don't assume the role of Phoenix Wright, instead you are Apollo Justice and this game takes place seven years after the previous game . As usual you must gather evidence, interview witnesses, and survey crime scenes to prove yourself as this new layer dude. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney utilizes the Touch Screen and other Nintendo DS features to enhance many of its entertaining puzzles and animations. This helps broaden the appeal of the game to longtime fans of the series as well as to new players.

Video Link

ME0000885575_2.jpg
ME0000885571_2.jpg
ME0000885568_2.jpg

07 Commando

Expected: TBA Genre: Metal Slug rip off
Developer: Lexican Entertainment Publisher: Mana

So Metal Slug 7 is now on its way, so why do we need this exactly? Well SNK could screw it up like they did with Card Fighters and to be honest I'll take this as it looks good, despite the fact that its totally devoid of any ideas, hell all SNK can do is buy the devs, change a few things and call it Metal Slug so whats the difference? So what else is there to say? The videos published look good, nice and smooth with enough action.

Video Link

ME0000864368_2.jpg
ME0000858929_2.jpg
ME0000864363_2.jpg

Bangai-O Spirits

Expected: January-March Genre: Shoot-em-up
Developer: Treasure Publisher: ESP Publishing

The mighty Treasure are back making great shooters but sadly its yet another sequel. (remember when they never made sequels?). Happily its to Bangai fucking O! I loved that game on the Dreamcast, and I still like to give it a long play every now and again. Looks like its more of the same but with a level editor, I don't mind this as I'd love to have this beauty on the go and it looks even more frantic than before. If you loved Geometry Wars but wish that you was in a less restricted environment then you'll love this more. Good news is that it plays as you remember it, no stylus use at all aside from menus & making your own levels. Gameplay well erm you fly around shooting the crap outta buildings, guns, flying mechs and collecting fruit, and then a boss appears, you kill it then you progress. Its fun and appeals to us real gamers.

Video Link

bo05.jpg
bo03.jpg
bo08.jpg

Exit DS

Expected: TBA Genre: Puzzle Action
Developer: Taito Publisher: Taito

The PSP version rocked, and now its on the DS. Thankfully the stylus only controls have now been rethinked and you can play however the way you want be it stylus or just buttons. Mr. ESC, professional escape artist, must rescue people from burning buildings, flooded malls, and more in the creative puzzle game EXIT. Victims whom you've saved accompany you on your way out of the building, requiring your guidance every step of the way. The game includes over 100 scenarios in an array of settings, from burning hotels to a shopping center caught in a blizzard. Exit DS retains the stylish look of the series while making use of some of the DS's unique features for possible gameplay advantages. The top screen shows a map as you work your way through the stages, allowing for the bottom screen to zoom in close to the action. You can chose to either point to locations to make Mr. Esc move, or you can select to draw out Mr. Esc's paths with the stylus.

Video Link

21057_20071119_05_exit_11.jpg
21057_20071119_05_exit_19.jpg
21057_20071119_05_exit_16.jpg

Way In Dusk

Expected: TBA Genre: Action Adventure
Developer: Elephant Games Publisher: TBA

In Way In Dusk, you assume the role of guardian angel St.John, who is a loyal employee of the Special Department of Heaven Office. St. John is tasked with eliminating a terrible threat in the post-nuclear city of Hallow, where evil has taken over. As St. John, you'll fly through the Astral world tracking down enemies and delivering powerful blows to enemies who stand in your way. This astral world can be entered whenever you please, and offers the ability to see things not visible in the real world, such as weapons and vital powers. You can also flip into the astral world to sneak up on enemies, switching back when you're right behind them. Combat involves shooting and various acrobatic close-up moves. Your actual goal, as an employee of the Special Department of Heaven Office, is to visit a place called Hollow City – a post-nuclear metropolis infected with sorcery – and rid it of its monsters. Unless this has been mistranslated, these monsters have mutated from both humans and cars. This fight will apparently reach an ultimatum where your game hero must choose between life and death.Way In Dusk features four player multiplayer, third and first person PoV. Who knows how this could turn out, or even if it gets released but it seems ambitious for a DS title.

way-in-dusk-20071031090908613.jpg
way-in-dusk-20071031090909050.jpg
way-in-dusk-20071031090909378.jpg

Dungeon Explorer: Warriors of Ancient Arts

Expected: Febuary-March Genre: RPG Dungeon Crawler
Developer: Hudson Publisher: Hudson

Those waiting for a Diablo DS may wanna look at this! Its been a while but Hudson are finally bringing their excellent franchise back. This is a hack and slash RPG with a lot of dungeon crawling. I enjoyed the PC-Engine game so looking forward to this and the future PSP version. The game will feature voice chat & wi-fi which makes this even more exciting. Hudson don't mess the English up!

Video Link

d5.jpg
d6.jpg
d1.jpg

Eco Creatures : Save the Forest

Expected: TBA Genre: Real Time Strategy
Developer: Lightweight / Headlock Corporation Publisher: Majesco

I had a little play with the Japanese version and I liked it so I'm glad this is coming out in English. Eco Creatures: Save the Forest is a real-time strategy game in which players use the Touch Screen to control units of woodland creatures—named Ecolis, Ecoby and Ecomon—that will protect the naturally beautiful Mana Woods and recover the polluted land. All creature types have unique skills that must be strategically managed. With proper nurturing, they can evolve to learn new abilities that help a player complete the game’s more than 40 environmental missions. As players grow their woodland army, they must also plant new trees to prevent deforestation and revitalize the woodlands. Its also online.

Video Link

ME0000858003_2.jpg
ME0000858004_2.jpg
ME0000841011_2.jpg

Fire Emblem (Temporary Title)

Expected: TBA Genre: Turn based strategy RPG
Developer: Intelligent Systems Publisher: Nintendo

Earlier this year Intelligent Systems said that they had no intention to make a FE DS game, and then they announce this. I guess Nintendo persuaded them by saying that they could just remake an old game.,Fire Emblem NES was the first game and never came out of Japan, then it got ported to the SNES and tarted up a bit and now its on the DS. Same old game, different lick of paint thats all we know for now, maybe they'll add some new missions and modes but nothing has been said but still its good to have this as we've never had an official version before but I'd prefer if they ported the second game as well on the same cart, or even change the look like Square Enix do with their recent remakes just so it doesn't look like yet another cheap remake.

ME0000881787_2.jpg
ME0000881785_2.jpg
ME0000881790_2.jpg

Sonic & Mario At The Olympics

Expected: January 22nd Genre: Athletics
Developer: SEGA Publisher: SEGA

So the Wii version didn't exactly set the world on fire, and didn't sell millions like SEGA hoped, though just recently it managed to climb to the top of the UK charts so momentum seems to be building. Chances are the DS version will do a lot better, especially seeing that this will have full Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection support. Looking at the latest trailer it looks a lot better and should be worth a download at least.

Video Link

ME0000896790_2.jpg
ME0000896788_2.jpg
ME0000896791_2.jpg

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin / Dark Conflict

Expected: January 21st Genre: Turn based Strategy
Developer: Intelligent Systems Publisher: Nintendo

Two titles for this, the Europe one is called Dark Conflict and US one is Days of Ruinis out So they "matured" the theme of this eh? But not the actual sprites or map of the game. Oh well, the good news is that someone at Kotaku who has played it said that online WFC battles, voice chat and sharing your maps online were on the options...nice. Heres also what they said "The story of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin is one of a world in chaos following a cataclysmic meteor storm that leaves 90 percent of the population dead. The scattered survivors live in a diseased, war-torn world controlled by roving bandits and power-hungry warlords. The tone is muted, the dialogue dreary, the characters devoid of smiles. The Dual Strike CO powers from the previous Nintendo DS Advance Wars are gone, and CO powers in general are said to have been toned down. The tides of war won't turn so easily this time." Sounds better already, I just hope that the "nu metal" music of the trailer is only for the trailer.

Video Link

ME0000881890_2.jpg
ME0000884201_2.jpg
ME0000884209_2.jpg

Command & Destroy

Expected: January 20th Genre: Real Time Strategy
Developer: Cypron Studios Publisher: DSI/Zoo Digital (Holy shit!)

Well had my eye on this game way back in 2004 when it was a GBA game, now its set to be release four years later on the DS, and it could be the first decent DSI published game ever! Or could it? C&D is a RTS game set during 2018 Earth where aliens and a race of insect like beings battle it out with the remnants of the Human race for world dominance. I really hope that its a good game as we could do with a decent RTS game on the DS.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Zoo Tycoon DS 2

Expected: Febuary 29th Genre: Erm zoo tycoon
Developer: Altron Publisher: THQ

I didn't like the first DS title, but then I wasn't into the PC ones either. My girlfriend however did like the PC ones but she said the DS game was "a bit meh, they could've done it a lot better". In Zoo Tycoon 2 DS, players create the zoo of their dreams while collecting and caring for their favorite animals from every continent.The game features three game modes including Zoo Designer Mode, Zoo Director Mode and all new Zookeeper Mode which gives players the ability to view and care for three-dimensional versions of animals. Zoo Tycoon 2 DS also features new animals and environments, as well as complete use of the touch screen and DS Stylus™ for all zoo activities, ranging from zoo construction to purchasing animals. Players can also exchange zoo data with friends via multicard play and compete to see who can build the best zoo. Lets see if its better.

2004885236150827930_rs.jpg

FIFA Street 3

Expected: Febuary 15th Genre: Football
Developer: EA Publisher: EA

The previous FIFA Street games were pretty shit but EA want to change that and are hoping that it'll be as well received as the '08 on the DS. Will it? Graphically it looks poor going by the screenshots.

fifastreet12062007_01.jpg
fifastreet12062007_03.jpg
fifastreet12062007_04.jpg

New International Track & Field

Expected: TBA Genre: Athletics
Developer: Sumo Digital Publisher: Konami

Been waiting for something like this for a long while, hell still waiting for System 3 to release Summer Games/California games like they were suppose to this year. So here comes the latest Track & Field title from Konami and its to celebrate 25 years of the series. Basically its the same game that we've played before but in 3D, New International Track & Field pits 17 would-be superstars in more than 20 athletic events such as the 100-meter dash, long jump and 110-meter hurdles. There will be character-themed challenges, the ability to create your own tournaments and downloadable content. Theres also a feature where, if someone beats a record online it tells you about it, which sounds pretty sweet. There'll be a single-player career, training modes, Wi-Fi multiplayer, worldwide event records and player rankings. it also features some of Konami's stars, some are yet to be announced but we know of Pyramid Head (Silent Hill) and Sparkster (Rocket Night Adventures) as well as some from others.

Video Link

ME0000869282_2.jpg
ME0000869285_2.jpg
ME0000869283_2.jpg

Misc

DS Air

Expected: TBA Genre: Flight/Dogfight sim
Developer: Nintendo Publisher: Nintendo

Now I thought this wasn't coming out now but various sites are listing it as TBA 08 so heres hoping. The English version of Jet Impulse which I really enjoyed. It has Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for up to four players, including a co-op mode where players can be the other person's wingman, very smooth and detailed graphics and dogfighting with it was pretty fun. I hope this does come out.

Video Link

ME0000795933_2.jpg
ME0000795939_2.jpg
ME0000795929_2.jpg

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed Grimoire

Expect: TBA Genre: Strategy
Developer: Blade Interactive Publisher: Square Enix

Yet another Final Fantasy title for the DS, but thats OK it because FFT is very welcome. A sequel to the GBA title (which was a remake of the PSX one but kinda messed up slightly) and part of the Ivalice Alliance trilogy. This time, the overall map is split into smaller areas that are enlarged when selected. The microcosms make for an even larger game world than before, and A2 looks to provide an enormous amount of land to cover. The game is not controlled by stylus at all which is annoying but whatever. Should be sweet.

Video Link

ME0000844583_2.jpg
ME0000844591_2.jpg
ME0000844580_2.jpg

Viva Piñata

Expect: TBA Genre: Garden Pet, life Sim
Developer: Rare Publisher: Microsoft

An overlooked underrated gem on the 360, that party game though was fucking shit. Anyway here it is on the DS, yes Rare still makes games for Nintendo, and this time one that isn't a port of a old one on SNES or N64, which is not something an Nintendo exclusive developer will ever do while on a contract, but hey DS makes shit loads of money and Microsoft love money. Its said to be the same as the 360 game but tailored to the DS specifications. Design, nurture, instruct, protect and care for your garden and animals through direct touch. The DS WiFi service also lets you send prime Piñata specimens to your friends, making the act of parading your Doenut around in a humiliating pirate outfit easier than ever.

thumb_pinata_ds1.jpg
pinata_ds2.jpg

Top Gear: Downforce

Expect: March Genre: Racer
Developer: Tantalus Publisher: ShadeTree

Top Gear: Downforce brings back the speed and fury of the Top Gear franchise with a new 'top-down' viewpoint, utilizing 3D models, robust vehicle physics, and the ability to place hazards on the track surface using the touch screen of the DS. The game also allows for wireless multiplayer races and data sharing between players. This has been coming for years now and I could do with a good top down racer now that Racing Gears 2 is taking ages.

ME0000877789_2.jpg
top-gear-downforce-20071004104148135.jpg
top-gear-downforce-20071004104149182.jpg

Populous

Expect: TBA Genre: God Sim
Developer: EA Japan Publisher: EA

Ah ha finally a Populous DS game even though its a remake. It will feature wireless multiplayer for up to four people, and options for both stylus-driven and classic control. The game's levels will be collected from the originals numerous sequels, expansions, and editions. Famitsu reports a February 2008 release for the game in Japan but no doubt that it'll come out elsewhere what with this being a title originally made in English.

05.jpg
03.jpg
07.jpg

And thats not all:
Flower Sun & Rain, Sonic RPG by Bioware, Tales of Innocence, Assassins Creed, A 3rd Castlevania DS, Broken Sword, SEGA Superstars Tennis, Tom Clancy's EndWar, Alone in the Dark 5, SSX 4, Ghostbusters: The Video Game, LEGO Indiana Jones, LEGO Batman, Pirate Battle & Racing Gears 2 (well ok maybe those two may not appear but I hope they do), Cool Herders, Prince of Tennis DS 2, Dawn of Heroes, Line Rider, Iron Feather, Luminous Arc 2, yet another Mega Man RPG, Lost In Blue 3, Away Shuffle Dungeon, Guitar Hero (apparently), de Blob, Samurai Shodown's Iroha -- Techou Maid Techo, Bomberman Land Touch! 2, Prey The Stars, Civilization Revolution, Mushroom Men, Ragnarok DS, Beijing 2008.

Plus many many more games that have yet to be announced or I forgot or didn't see being worth look at, and maybe some game franchises we've been waiting for since the DS arrived. Overall the DS is still alive and kicking and has gone beyond the fact that people just saw it as a stop gap until the next GB or as a big gimmick.

Man this took fricking hours to do! I'm gonna order me a pizza.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweet Raptor Jesus, 2008 looks amazing again thanks to hadrian.
I look forward for Advance Wars and any FF titles.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
HOLY SHIT THATS A LOT OF AWESOME GAMES

Thats it.
I'm fixing my DS NAO!

Awesome job Hadrian.

EDIT: HOLY COW!!!
Did I just see Tales of Innocence mentioned?

I love my DS so much right now.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nice Job Hadrian.

The only games I'm not looking forward to are Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, Space Invaders, Sonic and Mario at the Olympics and Way in Dusk. Everything else seems like gold, I hope Ninja Gaiden is long and fulfilling.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm WET in anticipation Hadrian. Some very awesome looking games.

Square Enix are idiots. Why all the sequals and remakes? Will it ever end?
frown.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I blame hadrian and God, specially God, for this uber awesomeness.
Ninja Gaiden also seems great, the demo was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I blame hadrian and God, specially God, for this uber awesomeness.
Ninja Gaiden also seems great, the demo was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nah if this was up to me we'd have more uber awesomeness. I'm talking F-Zero DS, with arcade mode and adventure mode in the style of Mario Tennis/Golf GB! Plus 2D character Smash Bros and basically EVERYTHING you guys want plus original titles.

But for now I'm sticking them on the 360 instead
ohmy.gif

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
o.O i never heard about the Ys games coming to DS. Yet another treat for next year ^^ im glad there are some solid 8-bit sprite RPG's coming to DS.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why but the ds air one looks really really awesome. I'm really happy that there are now SO many co-op games coming out, many of them being wifi! I think that there aren't any wifi ones out right now, and lego star wars is only local, also the viva pinata video is wrong, it links to the final fantasy vid again. Same with the populous vid, it shows the top gear game.

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mysterious Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer DS
Looks quite nice.

The Legend of Kage 2
Doesn't look fun at all.

Final Fantasy IV
Yes.

Rune Factory 2
Hated the first one.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Graphics are amazing and I love the KH series.

Ys AND Ys II
After I found out about this wonderful game, I shall definitely get it.

Space Invaders Extreme
Space. Invadors!

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
Looks so much more fun than the hard Gamecube game.

Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness
Hate Harvest Moon.

Egg Monster Hero
Looks like crap.

River King: Mystic Valley
Not a fan of fishing games.

Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword
After playing the demo, hell yes.

ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat
Nice graphics, but not that appealing.

Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice
After I beat 2 and 3 then I'll get on with this one.

07 Commando
Doesn't look that bad for a ripoff o.O
Maybe.

Bangai-O Spirits
This game will test my sanity, literally.

Exit DS
Not a fan of the series.

Way In Dusk
Looks quite strange...I'll try it.

Dungeon Explorer: Warriors of Ancient Arts
Hell no.

Eco Creatures : Save the Forest
Hello PETA.

Fire Emblem (Temporary Title)
Fucking yes! Graphics are amazing and I love the Fire Emblem series ^^

Sonic & Mario At The Olympics
Eww.

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin / Dark Conflict
Looks better than the others.

Command & Destroy
Meh.

Zoo Tycoon DS 2
Not a fan.

FIFA Street 3
Hate soccer.

New International Track & Field
Looks like shit.

DS Air
Looks quite nice o.O

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed Grimoire
English release, hurry up.

Viva Piñata
Hate the TV show and games.

Top Gear: Downforce
All racing games are shit on the DS, what makes this different?

Populous
Looks very strange.

Those are my...whatever amount of cents.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I really hope they don't screw up Zoo Tycoon 2, I need a good tycoon game on the DS. (SimCity DS ftl)

Apollo Justice should be good.

Top Gear Downforce? Top-down Top Gear? Noez! Me wants a port of a Top Gear N64 game!

Also want: Ninja Gaiden: DS, Populous, and The Legend of Kage 2.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why but the ds air one looks really really awesome. I'm really happy that there are now SO many co-op games coming out, many of them being wifi! I think that there aren't any wifi ones out right now, and lego star wars is only local, also the viva pinata video is wrong, it links to the final fantasy vid again. Same with the populous vid, it shows the top gear game.
Thats the problem with copy and pasting. You can tell I was getting tired near the end.
wink.gif

Forgot to say that the weekly thread returns January.

Shit...forgot to write up Raid Over The River.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Lot's of good stuff..

That Harvest Moon game is looking a lot like Zelda PH.. didn't know about that one..

Thanks for your work hadrian! Still.. Apollo Justice is confirmed for February in the US and March for Europe.. Ninja Gaiden is being expected also for February.. and it is being developed by TECMO, not CAPCOM
wink2.gif

El Bastardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn even if I had 16 + hours to play every day (damn sleeping) how am I suppose to play all this?? - Even just the good ones
happy.gif
!!

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lot's of good stuff..

That Harvest Moon game is looking a lot like Zelda PH.. didn't know about that one..

Thanks for your work hadrian! Still.. Apollo Justice is confirmed for February in the US and March for Europe.. Ninja Gaiden is being expected also for February.. and it is being developed by TECMO, not CAPCOM
wink2.gif
Ah ha the copy/paste monster strikes again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto