person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bannerround.png

WARNING:Make sure you have brick protection (bootmii as boot2 or priiloader) before using this! I am not to be held responsible if something goes wrong while using this app
UPDATE (Jun. 5, 2011): Added USB 2.0 Support, It checks the SD card first, if it cant find any themes, it checks the USB drive. The regular MyMenuify with USB support can also be found in the downloads below.

This is a mod of MyMenuify that I made when I thought it would be cool to have the Wii start up with a different theme each time (mainly for the wii theme team darkwii colour edits)

It adds 5-10 seconds to the boot time though, so I don't know if anyone will really want to use it.

I made two versions, one (shown in the video below) has output, which shows what theme it is installing and how far through the installation it is. The other has absolutely no output and just shows a blank screen while installing the theme. Both versions require no input from the user, and exit to the system menu when done.

To use it just set it as the installed file in priiloader, then set priiloader to boot to the installed file.
Themes must be placed in SD:/csm/[theme files]

Download: Mediafire - MenuRandomizer_v2.zip
The source is included in that download. Most of the code is Icefire's (Xuzz) I just edited a few things, so all credit goes to him. The usbstorage stuff is from Waninkoko's WAD manager.
Regular MyMenuify with USB Support: Download

Video:

person66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
kinda cool, but I don't think I'll personally use it, but still great job!

but while your modding mymenuify, can u make a mod that instead of or in addition to SD Card support also has USB HDD support? That would be awesome
I tried to get USB to work, but it wouldn't load. I really have no knowledge of how to code anything, I am just learning by looking at examples, and trial and error. I will try again to get USB working though, I would use that feature as well.

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey this is nice. I guess the only addition I have wanted was the ability to install them via smb. I use all the emulators and wiimc through smb. I have no clue how you would incorporate this but it would be sweet. Anyways great job.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work on this, definitely interesting. I might use it, but I never really got into themes for the Wii. Seems they are pretty much dead now too.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
i love it its a great idea

shame its not the mymenuify GUI as a base as that installs themes faster than the old version but still great work

person66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really? I tried both and they both took the exact same time to install the darkwii green theme (8.95 seconds)

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
person66 said:
Really? I tried both and they both took the exact same time to install the darkwii green theme (8.95 seconds)

oh thats odd the gui always seemed faster at installing themes i remember xuzz saying he didnt know why it was faster cus he just added the gui code to the original mymenuify code

oh well still love this app
wink.gif

person66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bump

I just updated this to add USB 2.0 support.

I also made a version of MyMenuify with USB support, and a menu to choose from SD or USB.
both can be downloaded from the first post. Enjoy!

BenjaminSan

Trophies
XP
Thanks man! I needed USB support it works great! Have you designed any forwarder Regular MyMenuify with USB Support?? it would be great!

e74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to install multiple themes to the Nand with names like 10000097.app 20000097.app 30000097.app etc, And have this program rename a random one to 00000097.app on boot? I'm not sure if it's possible to rename files on the Nand w/o reinstalling. It would take up space on the Nand, but if it could work it would be nice if you only had a few themes, as it would probably boot a lot quicker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...