Hacking geckoOS + RGB = red

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
this "bug" will never be solved...

as Nuke (the creator of GeckoOS) stated, the problem is in the games, because RGB Scart signal isn't contemplated on NTSC Wii games...

so, if you want to play NTSC games on PAL TVs that support 60Hz, you have to use the composite, or you will have the red screen....

the best would be component cable and 480p, but I assume you can't use it...

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
better still, you could use starfall, which will make your system menu region free. this will also boot all games with PAL video.
...unless of course you change it to NTSC using AnyRegion Changer.

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
but the region free within Starfall I know it's still a little bugged....so it's still better to use GeckoOS..

sjeps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Prisoner said:
this "bug" will never be solved...

as Nuke (the creator of GeckoOS) stated, the problem is in the games, because RGB Scart signal isn't contemplated on NTSC Wii games...

so, if you want to play NTSC games on PAL TVs that support 60Hz, you have to use the composite, or you will have the red screen....

the best would be component cable and 480p, but I assume you can't use it...
this is wrong

i use a truched image fixed with GWP and without geckoOS it simply work PERFECTLY with RGB booting it with my wii.

a friend of mine instead updated to 3.3e and now can play truched games only with geckoOS. he too have RGB but when it starts with gecko the game runs but with just red colors

QUOTE(CambridgeGuy @ Aug 28 2008, 12:02 AM) ...or you can use the color fix version of geckoOS. this will output an RGB SCART compatible PAL signal.

tried and doesn't work. it seems to be just for black and withe screen problems such jap to ntsc i think

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMuP01GlQi4