Glitchy/Overlapping audio while playing Lost Kingdoms on Nintendont

Bonewheel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Basically what the title says. The startmenu pops and it makes weird garbled noises with sounds overlapping. Eventually it straightens out until I go to a different scene and it appears again.

I'm running the game on a external hdd. Wii is connected with a RGB scart cable. I have the latest version of Nintendont and all other games I tried on my Wii over the past few years worked perfectly, so it has something to do with the game itself. I've used iso's, ciso's from different sources with the same results. I can't find an answer on it either other then that this game perhaps uses a different method of music playback. From what I've found on the internet this problem (possibly) also occurred with the game Eternal Darkness but has been fixed years ago. Any solution to this? Anyone experienced the same issues?

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Have you tried an NKit version ?

The scart cabling/connection shouldn't be a problem. Analog is still strongly needed to help control digital imperfections.

It wouldn't be a different region conflict ? ( just throwing ideas at ya)

I got the same game, but not the issues. But, mine's in NKit. (not that have any issues with ciso or iso)

If it's only at the start, then it's livable. Just save a later game & see how it goes when you load a saved part.
The garble is either a audio fault or possibly a buffering issue.

Bonewheel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

The scart cabling/connection shouldn't be a problem. Analog is still strongly needed to help control digital imperfections.

I got the same game, but not the issues. But, mine's in NKit. (not that have any issues with ciso or iso)

If it's only at the start, then it's livable. Just save a later game & see how it goes when you load a saved part.
The issue also appeared on the ntsc version and pal version. Nkit isn't supported by Nintendont so how does that work? I had a Nkit version and made an iso out of it. I find it weird that you don't encounter the problem, hmm. So maybe its a wrong dump.

Last edited by Bonewheel,

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nkit isn't supported by Nintendont so how does that work?
NKit, ciso & iso work well with nintendont. You could be encountering issues if you're using USBL GX with Nintendont.
I only use Nintendont with GC games, but I use GX for GC split games (ISO's).

Use the NKit version as is & try that (as is). Or, try a different rip.

Bonewheel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NKit, ciso & iso work well with nintendont. You could be encountering issues if you're using USBL GX with Nintendont.
I only use Nintendont with GC games, but I use GX for GC split games (ISO's).

Use the NKit version as is & try that (as is). Or, try a different rip.

So normally you have a game folder then you make a folder "Lost Kingdoms" in there you change the name to game.iso and or game.ciso.

So to be clear for Nkit I just put it in the game folder and not change the name to game.nkit?

Edit: ok yeah Nkit.iso does work (also from a different source), but same audio issue persist, weird! My hdd is powered by the Wii though, it never gave problems but maybe this is what causing it, im just trying to search for solutions what it could be if you don't have the same issue.

It's pretty annoying, it's not only at the start it happens on every new locations, it's consistent it just evens out the longer the tune goes on.

Last edited by Bonewheel,

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So normally you have a game folder then you make a folder "Lost Kingdoms" in there you change the name to game.iso and or game.ciso.
Do have a closer look into your folders/file names. But I doubt that's the problem.

If the issue is present with all formats, then I'd safely say it's either the original bad rip or possibly a emulation (or the like) conflict.
Does the original GC game work ? Using what to convert ?

If so - Rip your original GC game (to ISO). Check & see if it works, & then convert to whatever format you desire.

See if anybody else has encountered the same issue as you. Anybody ???

Bonewheel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do have a closer look into your folders/file names. But I doubt that's the problem.

If the issue is present with all formats, then I'd safely say it's either the original bad rip or possibly a emulation (or the like) conflict.
Does the original GC game work ? Using what to convert ?

If so - Rip your original GC game (to ISO). Check & see if it works, & then convert to whatever format you desire.

See if anybody else has encountered the same issue as you. Anybody ???

I truly appreciate your help! Yeah i will give it a go with the original disk, hopefully I can get it back from my bud 😅. Could you perhaps share what version of Nintendont you have? I also could try to run it off the sd card in the wii itself?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Can you please stop recommending people to use nkit isos? this is just wrong, nintendont doesnt officially support nkit isos so work some dont, some games when transform to nkit will not work or crash somewhere in the middle, specially audio-streaming games, nkit was made for emulators not for nintendont while many do indeed work but its never the recommendation...

the recommendation should be get a full 1.35gb iso with md5 matching redump.org that is what has the best compatibility with nintendont.

Bonewheel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
While running the iso from my SD card it doesn't have sound issues, so it's related to my external HDD model or because it was running on the Wii's power I guess? My hdd is a G2 portable 640GB. Besides this single game it works great.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
While running the iso from my SD card it doesn't have sound issues, so it's related to my external HDD model or because it was running on the Wii's power I guess? My hdd is a G2 portable 640GB. Besides this single game it works great.
could totally be your hdd not having enough power from the wii itself, if you have an y cable you could try giving it more juice or something.

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can you please stop recommending people to use nkit isos? this is just wrong, nintendont doesnt officially support nkit isos so work some dont, some games when transform to nkit will not work or crash somewhere in the middle, specially audio-streaming games, nkit was made for emulators not for nintendont while many do indeed work but its never the recommendation...

the recommendation should be get a full 1.35gb iso with md5 matching redump.org that is what has the best compatibility with nintendont.
They are simple recommendations to start narrowing down his problems.
I never said "Use NKit".
The power consumption of you Samsung seems minimal, but have a go at using a "Y" cable. Just to verify the power isn't an issue.
Also, if there's HDD sleep mode - Check if it can be altered (Samsung info site).

Bonewheel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They are simple recommendations to start narrowing down his problems.
I never said "Use NKit".

The power consumption of you Samsung seems minimal, but have a go at using a "Y" cable. Just to verify the power isn't an issue.
Also, if there's HDD sleep mode - Check if it can be altered (Samsung info site).
Sleep mode is already turned off, I order a Y-cable in the future to check if it would make a difference and add my results to this post. However for now, the issue has been solved, running it on my sdcard solved it. I appreciate the fast replies to narrow down my problem, thank you guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto