Yellow screen after using AIO updater

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like ive got another problem :(
I'm unable to launch tinfoil at all. I found solutions online which apparently worked for those who had the same problem as i have, but they dont work for me.
I get that "unable to launch software" error.

But maybe i'm looking at the wrong place, because i think i saw somewhere that tinfoil was like the freeshop for 3ds. Is that right? If not, can you guys point me to the homebrew name?

Thanks again :)

You updated your signature patches?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Seems like ive got another problem :(
I'm unable to launch tinfoil at all. I found solutions online which apparently worked for those who had the same problem as i have, but they dont work for me.
I get that "unable to launch software" error.

But maybe i'm looking at the wrong place, because i think i saw somewhere that tinfoil was like the freeshop for 3ds. Is that right? If not, can you guys point me to the homebrew name?

Thanks again :)
Delete the Tinfoil on the start screen and download the latest from the tinfoil site. It's basically out of date.

Also if you haven't reinstall signature patches.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Delete the Tinfoil on the start screen and download the latest from the tinfoil site. It's basically out of date.

Also if you haven't reinstall signature patches.
You can use HATS if you want since it is a pack, I use that. As @linuxares said you want to make you are using the latest tinfoil version along with latest patches which is also included in that pack.
Done that too
I dont know why, but even if i delete everything, from the console side, from the sd side, when i come to reinstall it, i get the error again and sent back to the switch main menu to see the tinfoil icon reappear, like i never uninstalled it :(

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Done that too
I dont know why, but even if i delete everything, from the console side, from the sd side, when i come to reinstall it, i get the error again and sent back to the switch main menu to see the tinfoil icon reappear, like i never uninstalled it :(
Ah, you must DELETE the tinfoil folder on the SD Card even then. Then download the new one. I had that issue before.
Also delete it from the homescreen

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, you must DELETE the tinfoil folder on the SD Card even then. Then download the new one. I had that issue before.
Also delete it from the homescreen
Do i have to do it in a specific order? Because i did delete it

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done that too

You delete the home menu one, and delete the one in the switch folder, then replace the file, and launch it so it create new forwarder in the home screen.

Reactions: linuxares

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You delete the home menu one, and delete the one in the switch folder, then replace the file, and launch it so it create new forwarder in the home screen.
Same thing happened again :(
But can you guys at least confirmed me one thing?
Is tinfoil the concept as the freeshop was for 3ds?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happened again :(
But can you guys at least confirmed me one thing?
Is tinfoil the concept as the freeshop was for 3ds?

It is what people use when they want to download games from a shop like turtle in the shop (tits pro), but tits pro require a pro license, not a lot of content on free non pro license shops out there. Pro shops nowadays want missing dump to gain access to the shop, few months ago at least you were still able to gain access by donating eshop card to them.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is what people use when they want to download games from a shop like turtle in the shop (tits pro), but tits pro require a pro license, not a lot of content on free non pro license shops out there. Pro shops nowadays want missing dump to gain access to the shop, few months ago at least you were still able to gain access by donating eshop card to them.
Ok so that means i'd have to pay anyway xD
Alright then, thanks guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how to use usbloader, so i can't help