Hardware Xbox 360 eject button not working

bob1212

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a Xbox fat, it can open the disc drive but the eject button doesn’t work anyway to fix this

D

Deleted User

Is it modded? If you're just using the retail main menu there should be a button you can hit to eject the tray. But if that doesn't work either you're going to have to have it fixed.

bob1212

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it modded? If you're just using the retail main menu there should be a button you can hit to eject the tray. But if that doesn't work either you're going to have to have it fixed.
Yeah I’ve been using that but I still wanna fix the button also my Xbox is not modded

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I knew a friend who had the same problem , after a while it started working again
The button seems to be not connected or has no input because I’m pretty sure it’s supposed flash some lights on the ring

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Button wise you can bypass it -- there is a reason those old flashing tools had a little button that could eject it. You had to bridge a couple of pins on the power supply cable but I can't remember which offhand.

What is more likely for an original style 360 (slims tend to be someone ripped the ribbon on the faceplate) is dust and a worn belt
https://www.instructables.com/How-to-Fix-a-Stuck-Xbox-360-or-PC-Disc-Tray/
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/How+to+easily+fix+a+Xbox+360+drive+that+wont+open./111352
also presumably why the poster above saw one magically spring back to life -- get the right location, humidity in the air, persistence, heat... such that it gets enough friction and yeah. Such things however will return, and maybe with a disc read error aka DRE in some circles.

I have seen people break the eject buttons before but that is rare and usually done when someone has pulled it apart to mod the thing or had the 360 try to learn to fly.

Reactions: DinohScene

bob1212

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Button wise you can bypass it -- there is a reason those old flashing tools had a little button that could eject it. You had to bridge a couple of pins on the power supply cable but I can't remember which offhand.

What is more likely for an original style 360 (slims tend to be someone ripped the ribbon on the faceplate) is dust and a worn belt
https://www.instructables.com/How-to-Fix-a-Stuck-Xbox-360-or-PC-Disc-Tray/
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/How+to+easily+fix+a+Xbox+360+drive+that+wont+open./111352
also presumably why the poster above saw one magically spring back to life -- get the right location, humidity in the air, persistence, heat... such that it gets enough friction and yeah. Such things however will return, and maybe with a disc read error aka DRE in some circles.

I have seen people break the eject buttons before but that is rare and usually done when someone has pulled it apart to mod the thing or had the 360 try to learn to fly.
Seems like I fixed it I just pressed the bottom of the button and it worked

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm. That sounds almost like switch bounce failure (ever had a mouse wheel/button fail to click or always double click, dodgy shoulder buttons on a handheld or the like? This is that).
Don't think I have ever seen that for 360 eject buttons before, though they are of a style that does (same thing more or less as half a hundred power buttons I have replaced in computers, monitors and such) so there is that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: