Hacking Wii u brick?

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm out of ideas sorry but hopefully someone else will come along with a solution good luck.
Same here...I hope, the only thing I can think of now is a hard mod, or replace the emmc chip. Which of course when it comes to that I suck at.

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
cbhc + rednand + "region hack" + another person used the console (she might have touched anything)

just wanted to ask, if I don't mess with the latter 3 "things" am I safe to use the latest version of cbhc? (a number of safeguards were introduced to protect the DS VC title)

I feel cbhc's reputation sometimes is tarnished by users making a mess by themselves (no real reason to use rednand for "casual" users right?), or maybe there's something real to it being dangerous? Wouldn't launching haxchi manually brick anyway, provided the same "bricking conditions" are met? (at least in some cases where the cause is complex like this one)

I ask all of this candidly and mean ZERO snarkiness towards the OP (sorry you bricked)

Last edited by GBA rocks,

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cbhc + rednand + "region hack" + another person used the console (she might have touched anything)

just wanted to ask, if I don't mess with the latter 3 "things" am I safe to use the latest version of cbhc? (a number of safeguards were introduced to protect the DS VC title)

I feel cbhc's reputation sometimes is tarnished by users making a mess by themselves (no real reason to use rednand for "casual" users right?), or maybe there's something real to it being dangerous? Wouldn't launching haxchi manually brick anyway, provided the same "bricking conditions" are met? (at least in some cases where the cause is complex like this one)

I ask all of this candidly and mean ZERO snarkiness towards the OP (sorry you bricked)
Well heres the problem with what you are saying, I followed all instructions perfectly and setup cbhc rednand perfectly. Ive had both for a long time. I did region hax last night on both rednand and system nand. they both worked and console worked great for 24h. I use rednand as a safety tool basically and i have 128gb sd card so its not like it is storage consuming. I have vwii hacked perfectly too. I feel people only brick if they dont know what they are doing, which i do. now, the other problem is this is a code that people have had without even modding their systems so i wouldnt say i bricked especially considering I didnt do anything else to it. Yes my gf used it but she only played games on it and I was with her on splatoon, everything was normal and she doesnt touch anything that arent games.

Last edited by Powerful,

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well heres the problem with what you are saying, I followed all instructions perfectly and setup cbhc rednand perfectly. Ive had both for a long time. I did region hax last night on both rednand and system nand. they both worked and console worked great for 24h. I use rednand as a safety tool basically and i have 128gb sd card so its not like it is storage consuming. I have vwii hacked perfectly too. I feel people only brick if they dont know what they are doing, which i do. now, the other problem is this is a code that people have had without even modding their systems so i wouldnt say i bricked especially considering I didnt do anything else to it. Yes my gf used it but she only played games on it and I was with her on splatoon, everything was normal and she doesnt touch anything that arent games.
Still kept looking around and someone rumored removing the bios battery Fixes it? Can anyone confirm or help on this issue? I can't send my console back to Nintendo because it's hacked and I can't boot it past the Wii u boot, because I get this error.

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
By the way it is my understanding that you could just replace the main unit (like 99$ on ebay) and keep your current gamepad, just be sure they are from the same region (both ntsc-u or both pal).

Quite some saving compared to buying a complete new WiiU kit.

This time maybe stick to plain vanilla CBHC (with the usual non-CB haxchi testing before CBHC) and WUP installer, without rednand and without "region hack" (isn't CBHC already region-patched beside being eShop sigpatched?).

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
By the way it is my understanding that you could just replace the main unit (like 99$ on ebay) and keep your current gamepad, just be sure they are from the same region (both ntsc-u or both pal).

Quite some saving compared to buying a complete new WiiU kit.

This time maybe stick to plain vanilla CBHC (with the usual non-CB haxchi testing before CBHC) and WUP installer, without rednand and without "region hack" (isn't CBHC already region-patched beside being eShop sigpatched?).
Cbhc is region free that is why at the start of the thread I said what the fuck did he then do region hax.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So a fair warning? Don't mess to much with wiiu?
I am still very happy with WII USB loading of my region specific titles and loadiine for the rest. There is also a limit on how many games you really want to play or are even worth playing.

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cbhc is region free that is why at the start of the thread I said what the fuck did he then do region hax.
Other than Eshop which was the point in doing it, it's not needed though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So a fair warning? Don't mess to much with wiiu?
I am still very happy with WII USB loading of my region specific titles and loadiine for the rest. There is also a limit on how many games you really want to play or are even worth playing.
I would say everything's fine, I am coming to the conclusion that nintendos defect systems caused the error and because of cbhc instead of fucking my game saves over because it didn't save properly I guess? it fucked the console so it is basically like formatting it. It should be fine to do the region hax with cbhc because the method was originally for rednand, which gets patched through CFW anyways.

Last edited by Powerful,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them