Hacking Wii sdBoot... fake?

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks fake as all get out.

Opened zeldaboot.bin, which can be dled off this page, in notepad.

//© 1986-2006 Nintendo. TM, ®, the Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo GameCube and Wii logos are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2006 Nintendo.

_code (renew);
_hardboot (wii://directory/boot/"NULL"boot.bin)
_exe softreset

_display (Boot Loader loading..)

Is what it contains.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just doesn't make any sense. It says to put the iso on the 2 gb sd, but the only iso available

1. Is 4.3 GB
2. Doesn't have a boot.bin on the site

Also the dude doesn't give any instructions on how to load the game. No where in there does it say "Put the SD card in the Wii" or anything.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sure we can, say its fake. The only dumped game is Red Steel, which happens to be a game they don't have. He has already claimed support with other games, which haven't been dumped yet. Obviously fake.

Edit: Also, I'd be much happier if a way to boot Gamecube ISO's from disc was discovered first, I have a bunch of Gamecube games I've never beaten that I'd love to see in 480p on the Wii.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Second, you need a CLEAN 1GB – 2GB (depending on game/rippage) SD CARD [No files on it; formatted] SD Card or GCN ScriptWrite [private/not released to public. GCN SW is used to write data to mini dvd’s and transcode the data to files GameCube/Wii can read.] to be able to put files on the Wii.

QUOTESome DVD burners can view some of the files on the Wii discs. The files viewed are the ones needed.

That should have been an easy tip that this was fake.
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here