Wii Scrubber

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by acesniper, Oct 15, 2008.

Oct 15, 2008

Wii Scrubber by acesniper at 4:22 AM (2,267 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. acesniper
    OP

Member acesniper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have a few isos on my hdd and want to sent them to my external hd and I read that Wiiscrubber could reduce the size of my iso. When I scrubbed Metroid Prime 3 and archived it, it reduced the size from 4.37GB to 4.27GB. Is this supposed to turn out like this or is this just a special case? BTW, i saw a scrubbed version of a game that was 500mb.

Also, I do not understand the different ways of scrubbing like truncha and hex.

2. GhostSonic

Member GhostSonic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The size of some games when scrubbed can differ. All scrubbing does is take away some garbage data that's used to fill in the disc for what ever reason. The size of same games will go down a little while others may go down alot.

3. acesniper
    OP

United States
    wow, fast response. thanks. [​IMG]

4. acesniper
    OP

United States
    Another question, when scrubbing, what mode is better, trucha or the other one (sorry, I don't have time to look at it, Im doing homework)

5. GhostSonic

Member GhostSonic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm not sure what the difference is, really. If trucha signs the game with a fake signiture like I think it does, then 0xFF would be better because 3.3 blocks it anyways. But again, I really have no idea what the difference is. I'd just go with 0xFF