WII Iso Essentials?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by zone97, Oct 14, 2008.

Oct 14, 2008

WII Iso Essentials? by zone97 at 1:48 PM (1,486 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. zone97
    OP

Member zone97 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I recently got a D2A drive and added the wiikey to it. My console is an NTSC usa model vs 3.3 the wiikey is 1.9s Most of the ISOs I have burnt work good, I have patched out updates and such, but some give the #001 issue, I have searched and found a patcher but it only patches the DOL, do they have a patcher for the ISO itself? Would someone post a reply with the essential tools for getting 99% of the ISO working, such as bricker blockers, #001 patchers, regon free patchers. ect.. Thanks.

2. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    WiiKey 1.9s should be compatible with 001-protected discs. Try reinstalling the chip's firmware

3. sTo0z

Member sTo0z GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why are you messing with the ISOs at all? Just burn them as-is, you don't need to rip/block anything.

4. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    very true, specially using GECKOS

5. zone97
    OP

United States
    If I dont remove the "updates" when you insert the game it shows and update is required? I can not get mario kart to work, and "game party 2" gives and #001 error.

6. sTo0z

United States
    So run the updates. You don't need to mess with any of the ISOs.

7. zone97
    OP

United States
    So, arn't the updated dangerous, hence the need to have them patched out? I mean my wii is running 3.3 firmware? or are only the "foreign updates bad?"

and what about the #001 errors, I get that on a game called Game Party 2? And my Mario Kart, loads, but then just locks up?

8. sTo0z

United States
    None of the current updates out there will do anything harmful to you.

And the only thing the cross-region games will do to you in an update is install that regions news and weather channels... not the worst thing to ever happen. But if that's a problem, just avoid running those games. Also in big FW updates cross-region updates can corrupt your settings panel, but you're already on 3.3 so it won't be a problem right now.

Not sure about 001, or Mario Kart, but I have the same exact setup as you (D2A + WiiKey) and everything works fine for me.

I burn SONY DVD-R dvds with a LITE-ON recordable drive, using imgburn.

I'd try making sure your source is a good image, and try burning again (maybe on different media if you're not sure the quality of what you're using) and try burning slower? Not sure what burn settings you were using.

9. zone97
    OP

United States
    fixed the issues, re aquired the isos, did not modify, let the update run and now all is good. Thanks for all the tips.