Which 3ds save game manager to use?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by BASgamer, Aug 4, 2018.

1. BASgamer
    OP

BASgamer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    Haven't been around to keep up to date on save game backups. Saw that jksm might not need the filter.txt anymore so might be more useful for me now. I'm seeing JKSM and checkpoint now as options. What are people using and the pros and cons of them? If there is any others you can mention them too.

2. WaluigiMan

WaluigiMan GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Germany
    at ur moms place
    Well i use JKSM and its pretty simple to use but you cant tell you anything about checkpoint

3. adrienabadie

adrienabadie Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2017
    Venezuela
    If you have a lot of titles and you are constantly installing new ones, then JKSM since it will load faster (Because it doesn't load the game icons). If you have a small list of titles and/or rarely add new ones, then Checkpoint. I personally use both depending on what I want to do.

4. BASgamer
    OP

BASgamer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    i saw in the release notes that checkpoint loads faster now than it used to? but i'm guessing they are much better then the bare bones savedatafiler ive been using since i didnt want to keep updating the filter.txt in jksm since it wasnt being officially updated since he took a break or something

Last edited by BASgamer, Aug 4, 2018
  5. adrienabadie

adrienabadie Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2017
    Venezuela
    It still needs to update the icon cache every time you add or remove a title (And if you change the cartridge too I think)

6. BASgamer
    OP

BASgamer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    ah i could see how that could get annoying

7. NFates

NFates Wants to understand™

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably home.
    It's basically whether you prefer faster loading times and a text UI or a more user-friendly program with a graphic UI.