WEP help please!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by ACWWFAN, Dec 15, 2009.

Dec 15, 2009

WEP help please!!!!!!!! by ACWWFAN at 1:57 PM (866 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. ACWWFAN
    OP

Member ACWWFAN HERP DERP

United States
    Ok so I accidentally reset my router and set it back up with the WEP security level. Well I don't remember having to do keys 1-4 last time, nor have I ever had to put that in when setting up my wifi on my DSi or computer. Is there anyway to set up my lynksys router without the keys but with the WEP password? OR is there anyway to set up the wifi connection with my DSi and put the keys in? I tried but it never connects and gives me an error. Can someone please help me? & I was joking about the whole crying part but I am pretty mad! [​IMG]

2. ACWWFAN
    OP

Member ACWWFAN HERP DERP

United States
    Also is it even possible to connect to nintendo wifi when you have the security keys? Idk how to put them in...

3. Davess

Member Davess On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)

Canada
    1st thing, I hate your avatar [​IMG]

2 use a wireless game (mario kart for example) then goto wifi settings, then scan.... find your wireless network, enter WEP key.

Done!

Davess

4. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    The keys 1-4 are generated when you make a new pass phrase. No passphrase = no keys. You'll either need to remember what your passphrase was to keep the same keys or make a new passphrase and copy the new keys to your wii and/or ds. Make sure you have your router on mixed mode since the DS uses 802.11b, but the Wii uses b/g.

5. ACWWFAN
    OP

Member ACWWFAN HERP DERP

United States
    Thankssss guys, don't be hatin on my avy though lol.

6. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    best surcuity is to filter mac addresses and if you want you could have wep for extra protection