Hacking vWii USB support

Ranthor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I own Wii and WiiU. Wii is softmoded and has a 1TB (External powered) disk which has 2 parrtiiton, ntfs for wbfs games and fat32 for emulation roms, archives etc.
All my Wii emulators can recognize fat32 partition and access roms

Recently hacked my WiiU and vWii, with the intention of retiring my Wii, WiiU has a 500GB drive (y cable) for the games.

After the hacking of my vWii, I copied my emulators and some applications from Wii SD card into the WiiU SD card. Homebrew channel recognized them and they work.
I plugged my old wii disk into WiiU and vWii usb loader recognized it, all my games are working as intended.

Sadly, ther applications like emulators, wiiexplorer can not see my partitioned hard drive. So test it further, I take the 1TB out, and put a 4GB fat32 drive.
Wiiexplorer could not recognize the usb stick on 4 ports, same case with emulators like snes9x, nintendont and so on.

Are there special vWii versions of current Wii applications?

I wish WiiU can access fat32 drives, and use more than 1 usb drive.
I don't use usbstealth, my 1TB has a on off switch, that I click after switching to vWII side

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own Wii and WiiU. Wii is softmoded and has a 1TB (External powered) disk which has 2 parrtiiton, ntfs for wbfs games and fat32 for emulation roms, archives etc.
All my Wii emulators can recognize fat32 partition and access roms

Recently hacked my WiiU and vWii, with the intention of retiring my Wii, WiiU has a 500GB drive (y cable) for the games.

After the hacking of my vWii, I copied my emulators and some applications from Wii SD card into the WiiU SD card. Homebrew channel recognized them and they work.
I plugged my old wii disk into WiiU and vWii usb loader recognized it, all my games are working as intended.

Sadly, ther applications like emulators, wiiexplorer can not see my partitioned hard drive. So test it further, I take the 1TB out, and put a 4GB fat32 drive.
Wiiexplorer could not recognize the usb stick on 4 ports, same case with emulators like snes9x, nintendont and so on.

Are there special vWii versions of current Wii applications?

I wish WiiU can access fat32 drives, and use more than 1 usb drive.
I don't use usbstealth, my 1TB has a on off switch, that I click after switching to vWII side
Wii U can use fat32 if u go the loadlione route just remember 30-60 min load times

Ranthor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I installed patched versions from the usb stealth topic, every emulator and wiiexplorer started to work. I did not change anything.

On the other hand, usb loader gx started to crash when usb is attached(with DSI exception) Changed Loader cIOS version to 249/250 but no luck. USB loader starts fine, recognizes fat32 and ntfs partition, when I filter wii games from the top menu, it crashes and makes me wait 20 seconds.

There is no logic how usb loader crashes when the other applications work. I installed WiiFlow and cfgloader and they work.

Working setup, a/c powered wii usb disk on port 0, shutdown in WiiU mode, WiiU disk with Y cable occupies front ports, unplugged in vWii mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup