Hacking Vita colour saturation hack

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I saw this earlier over on Reddit and decided to give it a go. I'm on a 2000 slim and the difference to the screen colours and the amount of pop you get from the screen is really noticable!

Looks like it opens up the vita to the full RGB scale which is limited by default. Brings the vita 2000 more in line with older oleds in terms of saturation.

Check out the video if you're interested to see it working and help getting it working etc.

Last edited by kristianity77,
Reactions: cvskid

Shadowmoon25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw this earlier over on Reddit and decided to give it a go. I'm on a 2000 slim and the difference to the screen colours and the amount of pop you get from the screen is really noticable!

Looks like it opens up the vita to the full RGB scale which is limited by default. Brings the vita 2000 more in line with older oleds in terms of saturation.

Check out the video if you're interested to see it working and help getting it working etc.

Thanks for this, I needed this tutorial. I can’t do it at the moment but will try this soon. Can’t wait to see how my slim vita looks like.

D

Deleted User

Just tried this and. . . . . .WOW! I have the grand kingdom theme on my slim and the colors are so vivid now. I booted up pscycadelica of the black butterfly and 'drooooool'
the colors are so bright!

Shadowmoon25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried this and. . . . . .WOW! I have the grand kingdom theme on my slim and the colors are so vivid now. I booted up pscycadelica of the black butterfly and 'drooooool'
the colors are so bright!

I was also wondering if you or anyone else know, does this waste more battery? Someone should test this out. I would but I don’t have my vita with me for like a couple of weeks.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
finally!! I had a oled vita and got a slim shortly after and the greens inparticular were horrible on the slim, this pretty much puts the slim on par. not perfect but removes that washed out look sony seemed to think was ok

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum