Vista problems

benchma®k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help please?
frown.gif

When i switch on my pc i sometimes get a black screen or just my documents folder open, after the windows startup screen. Unless i open taks manager and run 'explorer' i cant begin to use windows.

Not sure why its happened. I made office genuine and fixed a problem with norton. Or so i thought... This particular time a security error has popped up... 'Auto-Protect experienced an unexpected error. 0x000003E8, the same one i thought i'd fixed by updating the virus definitions.

Any ideas??? Thanks in advance guys
wink.gif

Flozem

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I usually get a similar thing when I restore my dual boot from an image and the bootsector wasn't restored as should be.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well the obvious tip is to uninstall Norton and use a decent antivirus program instead. It's so obvious you should have been able to think of that on your own. Unless you're one of the people that deny the fact that Norton anything sucks.

How recent is your PC? Is it a PC that originally had XP and you upgraded to Vista (why would you do that?). If that's the case, it's probably not high spec enough to run vista properly (old hardware gets all sorts of issues, not just slowdown).

If uninstalling Norton doesn't help, I'd suggest removing Vista and installing XP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of...