Hacking Using Browservice on the Wii?

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I'm not sure you install it to your Wii. From github:

"The Browservice server uses CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework) to run a Chromium browser instance that renders the browser view into an off-screen buffer. The browser view, combined with a control UI bar, is then compressed as a PNG or JPEG image and served to the client using an embedded HTTP server. The client browser runs a JavaScript application that requests and shows the images."

So when you're running the server (which you setup on a PC), you just point your Wii's web browser at it (the "Javascript application"). Within that application is the URL field and other stuff.

Important note: no on screen keyboard. You have to use a USB keyboard with your Wii if you need to type anything (like a URL)

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
Interesting. I'm not sure you install it to your Wii. From github:

"The Browservice server uses CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework) to run a Chromium browser instance that renders the browser view into an off-screen buffer. The browser view, combined with a control UI bar, is then compressed as a PNG or JPEG image and served to the client using an embedded HTTP server. The client browser runs a JavaScript application that requests and shows the images."

So when you're running the server (which you setup on a PC), you just point your Wii's web browser at it (the "Javascript application"). Within that application is the URL field and other stuff.

Important note: no on screen keyboard. You have to use a USB keyboard with your Wii if you need to type anything (like a URL)
People have done it before but the guide is horrible

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm saying is I don't think there's a wad or a dol or any other kind of Wii software to install. What there is, is a PC-based server you have to setup to translate current websites into that Javascript portal that the Wii Internet Channel is then pointed to. That's how this works.

For help setting up that PC-based server that's doing the work, you should read that github. https://github.com/ttalvitie/browservice

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
What I'm saying is I don't think there's a wad or a dol or any other kind of Wii software to install. What there is, is a PC-based server you have to setup to translate current websites into that Javascript portal that the Wii Internet Channel is then pointed to. That's how this works.

For help setting up that PC-based server that's doing the work, you should read that github. https://github.com/ttalvitie/browservice
Alright I'll check it out

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had seen a video about Browservice on Youtube teaching how to use it on an old PC

I wonder if I can use Browservice in browsers from old consoles, like the Nintendo DS, 3DS, Wii or heck... even maybe the Dreamcast and PS2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: