Hacking USBLoaderGX Help with Drive!

Annony

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was fooling around trying to get USBLoaderGx to work, but stood at a standstill when I found out my flash drive isn't nearly as powerful as it needs to for most games, it currently works for some smaller ones. So, I was wondering exactly which specs I should be looking for while buying a new one, I was planing on getting a hdd, but I am not sure exactly what it is I need. Does someone knows?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Flash drive compatibility is greater if it's formatted as wbfs instead of fat32, but then u forgo the many other benefits of fat32, and you'll probably want/require an SD card for apps

For a hdd, USB 3.0 is not necessary, and sometimes I find these drives are slower to initialize. Either way, no point in paying extra for usb3 when you will only be transferring at usb2 speeds, at least when connected to the wii that is. This compatibility list is probably helpful, but you typically can't go wrong with a wd passport or similar seagate portable hdd
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: That boi burning up, gonna melt those snowflakes.