USB Loader Error (ret = -6)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Indie, Apr 30, 2009.

Apr 30, 2009

USB Loader Error (ret = -6) by Indie at 8:29 AM (1,348 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Indie
    OP

Newcomer Indie Member

United States
    I was playing excitebots off my of microsd card, then the next time I loaded it, USB Loader asked me to format my card. I didn't know why, since it already was and I just played a game off of it an hour earlier, but I figured whatever, just do it over again. Now whenever I try to format the card, I just get error (ret = -6). I tried formatting it with WBFS again, which is how it worked the first time, and reinstalling excitebots through WBFS, but it still didn't work, I then tried Madworld, which also worked prior, and still the same error.

Does anyone know what this error is and how to correct it? Also, any ideas as to why it would do this with something that was already formatted and being played off of just an hour prior? I would hate to have it all working again and then get the error over and over.

Thanks, Indie

2. houseonfire

Member houseonfire GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I get that error code but it says I don't have a USB plugged in

3. Indie
    OP

Newcomer Indie Member

United States
    Weird, my USB is definitely plugged in, and it's definitely worked before.

4. mickthestud

Member mickthestud GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    its the usb loader,its extremely buggy i have been having all sorts of trouble with my harddrive ,was getting the same error after hours of reformatting the hard drive i finally got it working i installed wii play and was working fine ,switched thw wii off and on abd back to the same problem and cant get it to work again just tells me ret -6 partition not found...

5. wiiNinja

Member wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

United States
  6. Indie
    OP

Newcomer Indie Member

United States
    I'll try the swap method, but still don't understand why it would work once, and then not again.

7. Indie
    OP

Newcomer Indie Member

United States
    Swap method didn't work. I'm gonna try DK's USB Loader instead.

8. Indie
    OP

Newcomer Indie Member

United States
    Has Waninkoko fixed this issue yet? Or has a work around been found? This is really getting frustrating.

9. Indie
    OP

Newcomer Indie Member

United States
    Has Waninkoko fixed this issue yet? Or has a work around been found? This is really getting frustrating.