Hacking Uninstall from older CFW?

chillandserve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed CFW on my N3DSXL a few years back. Things were going smoothly until I closed the system and opened it. The screens were both black and the power LED flashed blue for a second before turning back off. I had assumed for years it was bricked and put it in the closet. Recently I discovered my unit has an IPS screen and decided I would try to save it. Long story short I was missing a file in the root of my SD card called "arms9loaderhax.bin". I was able to find it and now my 3DS works again. Unfortunately, the laptop that had my old files was reset and given away and the SD Card I used with my system was formatted and has been moved to another system. Is there anyway to uninstall the CFW on my system at this point? The only things on my SD Card at this point are the default folders the system adds and the arms9loaderhax.bin file.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You should follow this guide first to upgrade to the more modern boot9strap: https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
After this you can uninstall CFW using the guide from that same website, but there's really no reason to uninstall CFW unless you want to sell the 3DS as a stock unmodified system. Uninstall at your own risk, it's safer and better to keep the CFW on the 3DS.

chillandserve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I update and keep the CFW is there a chance of getting bricked through an update?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I updated and kept CFW could I get bricked with updates?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is a chance that the CFW will temporarily stop working because of an update, like it has recently happened with the 11.14 update and bad code in the Luma3DS CFW. If it ever happens, you can get it working again by just putting the updated CFW files on your SD card.

Reactions: Alexander1970

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There is a chance that the CFW will temporarily stop working because of an update, like it has recently happened with the 11.14 update and bad code in the Luma3DS CFW. If it ever happens, you can get it working again by just putting the updated CFW files on your SD card.
Also, the newer CFW setup installs a boot.firm file to your NAND, which makes the console boot even without an SD card.

chillandserve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I’ll keep the CFW. Installed everything and don’t do the point of undoing it. Just have to backup the SysNAND with a bigger SD card. Probably get one tomorrow.I appreciate the help.

Reactions: IC_

chillandserve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I got the SD card and copied some files over. I had to start the guide over because some files weren't copying over. For some reason I can't get the first part of the guide to work now, when it says boot to safe B9SInstaller my system boots directly to the home menu even though I followed the steps in the same way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol