Hacking Trying To Use Wimm's ISO Tool Again (Help)

BraveDragonWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short. My old laptop crashed almost 3 months ago and I can't access my HDD because I need to install windows 7 back on there. I'm currently on my new and improved laptop (I didn't wanna lose all my projects I have on there) and I'm trying to setup my Wii ISO building routine again.

I need a little refresher on how to get the ISO tool running like before. I remember how I had my folder structure so that I can just add a modified Smash Bros Brawl file to my source folder (Named "Mods") and to the other folder where I ask "WIT" to copy it.(Named "SSBB") I don't remember how I had the "Mods" folder setup as the source directory...

Here's the commands I always type in the tool to have my ISO file created:

(wit copy "SSBB" --source "Mods" Game.iso --id=RSBE01)

But now I can't figure this out, I type in that command now I get "2 directories scanned but no valid source files". It's been too long since I first used this tool.

I've been all over the official WIT website and still don't know what to do.

BraveDragonWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, why do need to use a custom Brawl ISO, other than for custom THPs. File Patch code can do everything else you need.

My friend.....A ton of reasons why I started doing this a few years ago.

1. My Wii disc drive cannot read discs anymore

2. I don't need the file patch code for custom THP's, because I can just replace a THP file and still have it working in USB Loader GX. Also I don't need to have custom THP's and I never mentioned it in this thread.

3. It's a pain to have physical Wii game discs nowadays for me anyway.

If you're not here to help me, please don't waste my time.

If anyone else asks...I don't use the Dolphin emulator.
My Wii is still working, so why do I need to stop using it when I'm as comfortable as I can be with it?

Last edited by BraveDragonWolf,

FancyNintendoGamer567

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend.....A ton of reasons why I started doing this a few years ago.

1. My Wii disc drive cannot read discs anymore

2. I don't need the file patch code for custom THP's, because I can just replace a custom THP and use USB Loader GX. Also I don't need to have custom THP's and I never mentioned it in this thread.

3. It's a pain to have physical Wii game discs nowadays for me anyway.

If you're not here to help me, please don't waste my time.

If anyone else asks...I don't use the Dolphin emulator.
My Wii is still working, so why do I need to stop using it when I'm as comfortable as I can be with it?

1. That sucks, there might be replacement drives for the Wii.
2. I never said File Patch can do THPs. It can't because of some 400kb limit that Gecko has or something.
3. What country do you live? Also, you can buy used copies from eBay or Amazon.

BraveDragonWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. That sucks, there might be replacement drives for the Wii.
2. I never said File Patch can do THPs. It can't because of some 400kb limit that Gecko has or something.
3. What country do you live? Also, you can buy used copies from eBay or Amazon.

Dude, no disrespect, You wouldn't be smart if you have to spend money other than just trying to remember how this tool works and get back to enjoying modding again. I really don't need to go through the trouble of replacing my wii drive. The Wii consoles today are very obsolete anyway, so don't try and change my method of playing with mods. The way I do it is extremely comfortable for me.

I honestly need someone to just remind me what I need to know about the ISO tool instead of jumping through hoops of buying a replacement drive. (and I already have a copy of Brawl in perfect condition btw)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1