Gaming The Penny Trick

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to do the Penny trick on my brothers Xbox cause it got RRoD. It is out of warranty. Only problem is, I took the motherboard out and the chips that I'm supposed to put the pennies on aren't there. Theres like an outline of where they SHOULD be but nothing. This Xbox is my old one from 2008 so I'm wondering why it doesn't have them and if I can still go ahead with the penny trick?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
image011nb.jpg

image012l.jpg

It doesn't have the chips. And I've never taken apart the Xbox this far so I couldn't have tampered with the chips.

westarrr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you know its a 2 years warranty??
Most people think its only 1 year of warranty... So how long do you have your xbox...

The penny trick is really dangerous as it could ruin everything..
Try the towel trick first, which is more safe but doesnt work as good, and takes longer

Good luck!

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
So I'm trying to do the Penny trick on my brothers Xbox cause it got RRoD. It is out of warranty. Only problem is, I took the motherboard out and the chips that I'm supposed to put the pennies on aren't there. Theres like an outline of where they SHOULD be but nothing. This Xbox is my old one from 2008 so I'm wondering why it doesn't have them and if I can still go ahead with the penny trick?

what is the secondary error code when you hold sync and press eject 4 times slowly counting how many quadrants of the red ring show????

example 0102,0110,0020, or 0022....

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
westarrr said:
Did you know its a 2 years warranty??
Most people think its only 1 year of warranty... So how long do you have your xbox...

The penny trick is really dangerous as it could ruin everything..
Try the towel trick first, which is more safe but doesnt work as good, and takes longer

Good luck!
I checked it. The warranty was up on it. It expired last december.

gisel213 said:
QUOTE(Rock Raiyu @ Jul 3 2010, 12:03 AM) So I'm trying to do the Penny trick on my brothers Xbox cause it got RRoD. It is out of warranty. Only problem is, I took the motherboard out and the chips that I'm supposed to put the pennies on aren't there. Theres like an outline of where they SHOULD be but nothing. This Xbox is my old one from 2008 so I'm wondering why it doesn't have them and if I can still go ahead with the penny trick?

what is the secondary error code when you hold sync and press eject 4 times slowly counting how many quadrants of the red ring show????

example 0102,0110,0020, or 0022....
I would have to reconstruct the xbox to do all that would I?

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no screws just put the board back in the metal case fan and fanshroud in also then touch the eject button and sync button
with a toothpick like i said and get the code... also slide in the little power button board cant power up without it...

good luck.....

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wabsta said:
You could try to put it in the oven, if everything fails.

or u could send it to me and i fix it for free i do this all the time... all my systems are rrod systems i bought for cheap
and fixed now totalling 14.... i never have to buy a new xbox....

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
Well this Xbox made me look like an idiot. Now it decides to work and its not hot or anything. Plays games, no red lights....nothing.
Sounds like a good deal to me.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
Not all boxes have them on the underside. Late falcons and jaspers (I think) only have the ram on the top.

i never knew that. good to know, though. i've only had two boxes, and was able to penny fix both of them.

i'm assuming that they're still x-clamp-able, though. since they didn't get rid of those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom