Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
draw.png

So I recently got a new laptop from a generous relative as a birthday gift! The first non-hand-me-down loaner computer I've ever owned... and it has a touchscreen. Drawing has become very very easy.

This is just a little collage of the best things I've drawn using my new folding slab of awesome.

It's Taffy.png - This is what I actually look like. But my eyes are usually facing the right way.
whata.png - I made this as a response to some discord post I forget. I was late to replying by like 5 minutes though so it didn't make much sense.

C3 intro 2.png - Here's a big one. It's a little comic strip-thing summarizing most of the art threads from SMWCentral's 2017 Winter C3.... and it was fun to make. I ran around and got input from everybody who made an art thread... they loved it.

printerboi_the one that started it all.png

And then this is something I finished 3 days ago... it's okay. I used waaaaaaaaaaay too many layers though.

....So yah I did a thing. Any comments, questions, remarks, concerns, or wisecracks can be shared freely about this.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I like the style of your little comic strip. It’s actually pretty well done.

You’ve clearly got good potential. Drawing is like any skill, you need to work at it.
The best advice I was ever given was to draw something every single day. Doesn’t have to be complex, just anything to keep you at it. The more you do it, the better you'll get.

Touch screen devices are pretty handy in that regard. Saves wasting a lot of paper. I draw much more since I got my iPad Pro and Apple Pencil (slap a matte screen protector on and the feel is quite close to paper.)

But I still think drawing with pencil and paper is important to learn about pressure and shading. You can do it on a touch screen of course, its just got a different feel to it - it’s not the same.

Reactions: Taffy

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I don't know you