Hacking Question SXOX mod chip users help with errors

shinwg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I am downloading games or updates from Nintendo server I keep getting error code 2137-8056 a server communications error has occurred. I have to manually make start downloading again serval times I need to do this until the games or updates finally finished. I didn’t have that problem b4 until recently get mod chip.
I just wondering if is sxox users or is just me also if anyone knows fix thanks in advance

Helidwarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sx os blocks connection to nintendo servers so you don't get banned by nintendo, unless you want to be banned you are not advised to download anything from nintendo servers directly.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Depending on what you do with SXOS, you may or may not be realtibly safe by disableding sxos stealth mode to directly download updates and use the eshop and online service of Nintendo.
If you installed any NSPs (exept maybe from properly dumped game updates, since these use other tickets) always keep it on, or if you are playing any XCIs, keep it on while playing them, if you just use homebrew and things like system modules like sys-clk you could be relativly safe, but I don't know which of atmospheres precautions sxos has adopted, so it might be less safe to go online than with atmosphere.

shinwg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depending on what you do with SXOS, you may or may not be realtibly safe by disableding sxos stealth mode to directly download updates and use the eshop and online service of Nintendo.
If you installed any NSPs (exept maybe from properly dumped game updates, since these use other tickets) always keep it on, or if you are playing any XCIs, keep it on while playing them, if you just use homebrew and things like system modules like sys-clk you could be relativly safe, but I don't know which of atmospheres precautions sxos has adopted, so it might be less safe to go online than with atmosphere.
I only connect to Nintendo sever on ofw

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I only connect to Nintendo sever on ofw
If its the same nand, it doens't make it safer, switching between ofw and cfw is only usefull if you splitt them.
Its because one of the main detection methods of CFW are error logs, which might get written to the nand while in CFW, depending of what sxos adopted from atmosphere. When you then connect in OFW they will get send to nitnendo.
Thats something that even using the stealth mode while in CFW will not change. Error logs already send to nintendo should also never be deleted, since nintendo is at least in theory able to detect this.

Another other method of cfw detection might be the tickets on the console.
Invalid tickets, created by installing homebrew or game nsp installation might be detected by nintendo, when going online, even in OFW, since the tickets themself stay on the nand, even in OFW.
Thats also the reason why most people suggest using the emunand, it will split the sysnand used for online from the cfw nand used for NSPs.

I myself nerver used the emunand, but was always carefull, by using things like atmospheres creport and error module even in sxos, and never installing anything, until I fully moved to Atmosphere, because XCI loading without online support wasn't worth the intransparency and limitations in homebrew and sysmodule compatibility for me anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)