Switch Pro Controller is connected to Windows 10 (Bluetooth), but Project64 doesn't recognize

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've connected it via Bluetooth, downloaded drivers from Github, configured the controls and all that, yet Project64 doesn't recognize that I'm using a controller. And I've tested the controller thru Windows calibrate settings to check it's activate, which it is.

I wanted to play Smash 64 Remix with it.

Edit: It works, but very finicky on Windows.

Last edited by Marc_LFD,

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
You have a few options to try to get it less finicky.
Problem 1:
Depending on the version of the input plugin. It can detect inputs that aren't xinput.
That would mean that if your using a driver. Like betterjoy, or ds4windows, and steam. It may create the xinput controller, but fail to hide the actual controller. Meaning the emulator grabs the switch pro controller, (which windows will map it wrong) and the xinput version created by the driver.
If it's this problem
https://github.com/ViGEm/HidHide
Install this. and set it up so your driver program only sees the actual controller. While everything else can't. Just check if it's problem 2 first though.
Problem 2:
Driver infighting. If you have steam running, and your not using it for the switch pro controller support it has. It can from my experience cause issues. Usually turning steam off works. Or just using steam's method of input instead through running project 64 through it.

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, it worked after that.

Just a bit annoying it requires that just to use it. I'll use the Stadia controller (which has analog triggers) on PC while the Switch Pro Controller on Android.

I've loaded my phone with Dreamcast and Saturn games to play on the go. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: