Hacking Suggestions....

ty5479

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I recently purchased a new Dsi with version 1.4u. The dilemma I am having is choosing between Acekard 2i or the r4i 1.4 version. From my under standing and searching I will not be able to get the acekard 2i to work unless I have a another DS with lower firmware. Which I do not. So I believe that leaves me with r4i (which i'm still not 100% sure it will work with 1.4X (or specifically 1.4U). So that leads to my other question. What is a good legit source to purchase r4i. I have found various sites. But when I do research on the various sites i find. There is always somebody saying they're selling fake cards or they never got it. So I'm not sure who to trust. Thats why I would like some people to post where they purchased their card from. I'm sorry if this has already been brought up in a previous thread. I tried to search for it.

Thank you for your time and I will greatly appreciate anybodies help.

ty5479

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
danny600kill said:
Don't get the R4 if i were you and you knew that the acekard wouldn't work for you look into the M3i0

Yeah that is starting to worry me too. About 50 to 60% of the forums and youtube comments i come across don't like any of the R4's. As for the M3i0, I really cant find much on it. I really like the acekard 2i. Maybe i'll just have to wait for them to update it? or am I just SOL?

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
ty5479 said:
danny600kill said:
Don't get the R4 if i were you and you knew that the acekard wouldn't work for you look into the M3i0

Yeah that is starting to worry me too. About 50 to 60% of the forums and youtube comments i come across don't like any of the R4's. As for the M3i0, I really cant find much on it. I really like the acekard 2i. Maybe i'll just have to wait for them to update it? or am I just SOL?
just find a pre 1.4 updated acekard

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Leave the R4i alone for sure, i can't comment on the M3izero as i have never had one, but the acekard 2i is a great card.

ty5479

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Any idea where I can find one?,I tried ebay but it looks like the one on there wasn't up graded. Would I be able to upgrade the Acekard to 1.4 from a DS lite (not a DSi).

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
ty5479 said:
QUOTE said:

Any idea where I can find one?,I tried ebay but it looks like the one on there wasn't up graded. Would I be able to upgrade the Acekard to 1.4 from a DS lite (not a DSi).

Yes you have to upgrade the acekard2i with a DSlite or a DSi running a version lower than 1.4

ty5479

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess thats my only choice. I'll have to find somebody locally that has a DS lite i can use and just upgrade the card from there. So back to one my original questions. What is a good site to purchase a Acekard 2i?

D

Deleted-236924

First question would be, in which country do you live?
If you live in Canada, I would recommend Gamersection.
If you live in USA, I buy at RealHotStuff.

ty5479

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Thanks, I'll check out RealHotStuff. Also what is the big deal with R4i. Besides it not being good and sucking. Does it just have less support than acekard? Or it just because it's a Chinese knock offs?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ty5479 said:
Pingouin7 said:
Thanks, I'll check out RealHotStuff. Also what is the big deal with R4i. Besides it not being good and sucking. Does it just have less support than acekard? Or it just because it's a Chinese knock offs?
There are several dozen carts, all named R4i. It's the most well-known flashcart name, so clone-makers keep abusing it's prior reputation. People advise against them for several reasons: can be difficult to determine which firmware you need, can be difficult to determine what kind of cart (DSTT, Acekard, etc) it's a clone of, several of them are just plain poor quality, most are poorly supported if even supported at all, and so on and so on. Avoiding anything named "R4" will just make things easier on you, and if you eventually need help with it, buying a legit brand cart (like Acekard 2i) will make it far easier for us to help you. Many R4 carts do function as advertised, but it's best to avoid them to prevent headaches down the road.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have owned EDGE, Acekard 2i, EZ Flash Vi, and M3i zero....

Edge was great for starters
Acekard was awesome
I thought EZ flash was better because of the upgradable kernel but turns out in features and skinning it sucks (it's good for gaming though).
M3i Zero currently using is awesome and has that boot strap thingy to update cart without using a DS

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the M3 Zero for your DSi. You won't have to worry about your DSi firmwares since it updates it self with that USB thing. Plus Sakura is pretty good if you turn off RTS and Softreset if you do that than you have 100% compatibility. With RTS and Soft-reset on you will have 90% compatibility.

EDIT: I would have recommend the Acekard though if I wasn't pissed off on it right now. Whenever I touch the Acekard 2i the game I am playing freezes and I always like to touch the flashcart and push it down a little idk why.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
Get the M3 Zero for your DSi. You won't have to worry about your DSi firmwares since it updates it self with that USB thing. Plus Sakura is pretty good if you turn off RTS and Softreset if you do that than you have 100% compatibility. With RTS and Soft-reset on you will have 90% compatibility.

EDIT: I would have recommend the Acekard though if I wasn't pissed off on it right now. Whenever I touch the Acekard 2i the game I am playing freezes and I always like to touch the flashcart and push it down a little idk why.

I don't know why either
rofl.gif
but that's the main thing that pissed my off about my acekard 2i I was playing chrono trigger and every time I closed the DSi it would freeze.... contact problems

ty5479

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i'm thinking of picking up both Acekard 2i and the M3i0. Is there really any major difference between the two? They all pretty seem to do all the same thing.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
ty5479 said:
yeah i'm thinking of picking up both Acekard 2i and the M3i0. Is there really any major difference between the two? They all pretty seem to do all the same thing.

You be copying my plans!
STOP BEING MY BRAIN!

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
JereTHEend said:
ty5479 said:

You be copying my plans!
STOP BEING MY BRAIN!
M3i Zero is more about GUI where the AK2i is more about playing games.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ty5479 said:
Just get both if you can. Both play the same games anyways so it doesn't really matter. If you can wait you could get the Supercard DSTwo.

ty5479

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
ty5479 said:
Just get both if you can. Both play the same games anyways so it doesn't really matter. If you can wait you could get the Supercard DSTwo.

I just looked that up. It looks nice.. I'll probably just buy it when it comes out... whenever that is. I just picked up the Acekard 2i. Should be here in 2 to 3 days =). Hopefully all will work out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night