Hacking Stuck in RCM/ nand restore options?

BlubberBob1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over 1.5 years ago i attempted to update to 8.10 via ChoiDujourNX and somewhere in the process it failed and my Switch was no longer bootable and thought i had bricked it. I had been using sxos prior with no issues and simply wanted to be able to play newer games. I finally realized that this whole time, my Switch had been stuck in RCM mode as it would power on to the logo then turn off or at least i thought it did. The screen was dimmly lit to the point that the battery would run out. Today using TegraRCMGui, i was able to use Hekate payload to access the Switch but am not able to use the SX_loader.bin. I have my original nand backup but was created from within sxos with the files: boot0, Boot1, full.00.bin-full.07.bin. When i dig into restoring, its seems like Hekate has an option for restore but is looking for Rawnand.bin. Is there a way to use what i have to complete a restore without access to SXOS bootloader? Is there a known method to convert my nand backup to something useable? thoughts/opinions on how to restore and or get back to factory setting? The device has always been used offline.

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Over 1.5 years ago i attempted to update to 8.10 via ChoiDujourNX and somewhere in the process it failed and my Switch was no longer bootable and thought i had bricked it. I had been using sxos prior with no issues and simply wanted to be able to play newer games. I finally realized that this whole time, my Switch had been stuck in RCM mode as it would power on to the logo then turn off or at least i thought it did. The screen was dimmly lit to the point that the battery would run out. Today using TegraRCMGui, i was able to use Hekate payload to access the Switch but am not able to use the SX_loader.bin. I have my original nand backup but was created from within sxos with the files: boot0, Boot1, full.00.bin-full.07.bin. When i dig into restoring, its seems like Hekate has an option for restore but is looking for Rawnand.bin. Is there a way to use what i have to complete a restore without access to SXOS bootloader? Is there a known method to convert my nand backup to something useable? thoughts/opinions on how to restore and or get back to factory setting? The device has always been used offline.

why not just try running sxos from hekate and restore your backup this way or better yet download Atmosphere and try booting it from hekate see if it works if it does then you can use Daybreak it comes with Atmos to update to 11.0.1 or 11.0.0 if you want to use SXOS

BlubberBob1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why not just try running sxos from hekate and restore your backup this way or better yet download Atmosphere and try booting it from hekate see if it works if it does then you can use Daybreak it comes with Atmos to update to 11.0.1 or 11.0.0 if you want to use SXOS

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it doesn't boot, you should still be able to boot up the SX OS bootloader menu (I believe it is the volume down key) while the payload is injected, and you can restore the NAND backup from there.

BlubberBob1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had nothing but issues since I've purchased SXOS. Basically what is occurring now would occur for short periods of time and found myself having issues rebooting into SXOS. I did try sxos from tegra and booted to the SXOS screen then went to a dim lit screen. I'll look into booting sxos from within hekate, but i think at this point going to Atmos might be a safer bet.

BlubberBob1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it doesn't boot, you should still be able to boot up the SX OS bootloader menu (I believe it is the volume down key) while the payload is injected, and you can restore the NAND backup from there.
i was able to boot using the bootloader but Nand restore fails with an error: 00ffd47

Upate: I deleted Emunand , now I'm actually in the process of restoring NAND. keeping the fingers crossed.

Last edited by BlubberBob1,

BlubberBob1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i was able to restore NAND and able to turn RCM off. It seems like my dongle is the problem as the payload via TegraRCM always works. I was able to normally boot into 5.10. What recommendations would you all have to update to 11 or something more current without negatively affecting the switch/fuses.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i was able to restore NAND and able to turn RCM off. It seems like my dongle is the problem as the payload via TegraRCM always works. I was able to normally boot into 5.10. What recommendations would you all have to update to 11 or something more current without negatively affecting the switch/fuses.
Use ChoiDujourNX/Daybreak.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: