Still looking for easy way to load .gct code files without installing

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ChiboSempai, Jul 15, 2009.

1. ChiboSempai
    OP

Newcomer ChiboSempai Advanced Member

United States
    I've been looking here every so often to see if there have been any advancements in this. I looked again and I can't find anything. I'm helping to try and find a way to get Brawl+ (or another version of modified Brawl) as a potential standard, or more accessible for player. The main thing that needs to be done to this, is the ability to load .gct code files without installing anything on a wii. no homebrew channel, no nothing. ideally running gecko os through bannerbomb would be great, but all versions of gecko arent compatible with it.

has there been any success with this yet?

2. ChiboSempai
    OP

United States
  3. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Apparently GeckoOS doesn't work via bannerbomb. Try using the old standalone Ocarina app.

4. WiiThoko

Member WiiThoko GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't know if Ocarina works, but if it does, you can't use Brawl+, even with the snapshot method, because you can't use SD Cards when using Ocarina.

5. g4jek8j54

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you have Twilight Princess, you can use the Twilight Hack, unless you consider that as installing something onto the Wii. As you already stated, Bannerbomb does not load the newest versions correctly. However, you could try GeckoOS 1.07b, which can be downloaded from the link below...

http://wiird.l0nk.org/gos-hbc-dol.zip

6. ChiboSempai
    OP

United States
    Gecko 1.7 also doesn't work, same prob as the newest one

I thought Twilight Hack was blocked on Sys Menu 4.0 and stuff
    I wouldn't consider that installing anything on the system, cause it's not. Pretty much as long as the HBC isn't installed then it should be fine.

Hmm... is there a way a wad of Gecko could be installed to the SD card then launched from the SD Channel? I guess that would install a ticket of Gecko into the system, but no one would really know about it haha, so maybe that wouldn't be too big of a deal. If not, then I guess Bannerbomb up a WAD Manager, then install Gecko, then move it to the SD? Unless WAD Manager requires a CIOS or something, I forget if it does.

7. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    I mean you COULD do that, but you would probably have to Trucha-Patch your IOS60, or other IOS, configure the WADManager to use that IOS, etc...so you can install .wads. And seriously...why would you want to install a custom Channel? Nintendo can detect this, even if you move it to the SD-card there's still the Ticket in your Wii (look with ATD). I mean, there's no Difference between installing HBC and a custom Channel. Just install the damm Homebrew Channel instead. Because this will probably last longer than custom Channels (Team Twiizers will try that Nintendo won't kill it), and you can do much more. Also much easier, only Bannerbomb and the HackMii installer.

It's up to you, but I don't see why you don't want HBC, but a custom Channel. That's just....

EDIT: Someone thought about extracting the .dol from the HBC? So he could launch that one via Bannerbomb?

8. ChiboSempai
    OP

United States
    i have no problem with using hbc, iv been using it since it came out
    its other ppl, there are some out there who wont bring a wii to a brawl+ tourney if they dont want hacked stuff on it. some ppl just arent cool lol

however bombing the hbc seems like a good idea

9. roku93

Member roku93 GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Use bannerbomb to load loadmii and load the latest Gecko with that

10. ChiboSempai
    OP

United States
    man, i thought that was gonna work...

just tried it with loading gecko through loadmii off the sd and usb, and when loading brawl through gecko i still get code dumps and it errors and wont launch...