ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since when did Square ever stopped hating us? When they sell us their games, they don't usually include the things US customers' might've want such as bundle packs and whatnot. Those are usually Japan-only exclusives, which is why I stopped supporting Square when they merged with Enix. Don't get me wrong, Enix is a great company and all but ever since they became one with Square, Square just isn't the same, even though I hear that Enix's half of the staff doesn't usually work with Square's half.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If they really want their copy protection to work, they should only put it on their crappy shovelware games that no one cares enough about to crack. They've picked two of their highest profile games to use the copy protection on, and guess what? The whole internet tries to crack them.

As far as the idea that the copy protection being cracked will reduce sales, I dispute that on purely practical grounds. There was never a possibility that one of the most beloved games of all time wouldn't be cracked. It's just like the music industry saying that someone who illegally downloads $100,000 worth of music costs them $100,000 in lost sales. It doesn't, because there was never a possibility of that 13 year old kid buying $100,000 worth of anything.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a twisted perspective, Square Enix should probably be honored to have their elaborate protection broken within the first day. Goes to show that people want to play their games so badly.
laugh.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We're a small community compared to a whole market of casual, R4 pirates out there.

We may know how to bypass the piracy protection but hundreds, maybe thousands of casual flashcart users out there will be wondering why their game isn't working, and will just leave it (or buy it).

So it's not a wasted effort.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
The answer is simple:
Square Enix hates us, we hate them back.
Result: Square Enix's sales hit rock bottom, Nintendo pwns them.
tongue.gif

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yet FF13 is going to sell a crapload of games, and probably will help move systems either the 360 or PS3

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anakir said:
You can import it. It may cost a bit more, but it shows appreciation for their work. The fact that E versions getting released a lot later can't be helped, because that's how they've been releasing most of the games. They have a certain routine I guess, they can be blamed for that since they could always choose to release them all on the same day, but they don't. I guess its some kind of marketing strategy they have?

it is a stupid routine, along with charing $60-$80 for DS games in the UK

thedicemaster said:
a european release appears to be planned for next year.

well, great, by which time i will have completed it, no point in buying by then....

QUOTE(granville @ Nov 21 2008, 09:05 AM)
In a twisted perspective, Square Enix should probably be honored to have their elaborate protection broken within the first day. Goes to show that people want to play their games so badly.
laugh.gif

well, if i made something and no one thought it was even worth pirating i would be insulted...

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy is always on a company's blame list.
Truth is that the majority that would want the game will most likely buy it anyway. Infact they would have more of a reason to buy it since they know its what they want for sure.
Piracy is never good per say, but It's getting annoying to hear every company complain about it.
Take a bad game, and then say, "well, who wouldn't have bought super push A to win? It's such a fully in depth one button game. Everyone would have bought it and we would have been rich if only it wasn't for piracy."

Still, I do wish piracy would die down a bit at least.
It's better among the hard core crowd, no its kinda getting into the casual.

I'd like just once for some big company to do something original in their anti-piracy schemes.
The locks is a starter and never a worthless effort. However I'd like them to say, I dunno, announce secrets in the game that are only on a legit game. Then everytime someone hacks it, say theres more that they missed and just keep going with it. "Ha, you think you hacked it 100% huh? Well, your wrong! You missed something only the real version has, HAHAHAHAHA!"
It'll drive the hackers nuts and give the game tons of plublicity.
Win win situation.
Though might be a one time deal unless you get extra creative and come up with ways to taunt the hackers more in a legit way. Like easter eggs or small things that are possible but still locked in differnt ways.
Eh, maybe more effort than its worth, but it would be fun to see. xD

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
shadow1w2 said:
Piracy is always on a company's blame list.
Truth is that the majority that would want the game will most likely buy it anyway. Infact they would have more of a reason to buy it since they know its what they want for sure.
Piracy is never good per say, but It's getting annoying to hear every company complain about it.
Take a bad game, and then say, "well, who wouldn't have bought super push A to win? It's such a fully in depth one button game. Everyone would have bought it and we would have been rich if only it wasn't for piracy."

Still, I do wish piracy would die down a bit at least.
It's better among the hard core crowd, no its kinda getting into the casual.

I'd like just once for some big company to do something original in their anti-piracy schemes.
The locks is a starter and never a worthless effort. However I'd like them to say, I dunno, announce secrets in the game that are only on a legit game. Then everytime someone hacks it, say theres more that they missed and just keep going with it. "Ha, you think you hacked it 100% huh? Well, your wrong! You missed something only the real version has, HAHAHAHAHA!"
It'll drive the hackers nuts and give the game tons of plublicity.
Win win situation.
Though might be a one time deal unless you get extra creative and come up with ways to taunt the hackers more in a legit way. Like easter eggs or small things that are possible but still locked in differnt ways.
Eh, maybe more effort than its worth, but it would be fun to see. xD
What about the copy protection Spyro 3 for the PlayStation had? It drove me crazy. Every time I had copied and tried to play the game, that annoying purple dragon told me that I had only copied the demo, and that I had to buy the game for the other levels
tongue.gif

Edit: it was kinda like this:
dodd_01.jpg

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
We're a small community compared to a whole market of casual, R4 pirates out there.

We may know how to bypass the piracy protection but hundreds, maybe thousands of casual flashcart users out there will be wondering why their game isn't working, and will just leave it (or buy it).

the majority of R4 users will know how to use google, and suprise!
unsure.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
RupeeClock said:

the majority of R4 users will know how to use google, and suprise!
unsure.gif

Judging from a lot of posts on this forum, the majority of R4 users do not even know how to type correctly, let alone use a search engine (or even a search box).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @cearp, Interesting, considering that the USA has started to legalise cannabis in some states.