Hacking Sonic CD 2011 Lyrics Restoration

TangentingTangerines

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,
For those who aren't aware, the 2011 Sonic CD remake they removed the lyrical versions of the opening and ending from the Japanese soundtrack and replaced them with instrumental versions(Apparently Sega couldn't get the rights to the lyrics so they had to use instrumental tracks during the opening and ending instead). I've been interested for a while with modding the Ps3 version to restore the lyrical versions of these tracks. Here's what I've been able to figure out.
The opening and endings are stored as .PAM files under NPUB30624/USRDIR/VIDEOS/
The opening and endings have two audio tracks in them. Audio Track number 1 is used when the game is set to the Japanese soundtrack(This is the instrumental version that I need to change to add the lyrics back) whereas Audio track 2 is the US version of the soundtrack (already fine no need to change).
A mod has been released by XradicalD for the pc version that restores the lyrics, however the pc video files are stored in the .ogv format, and don't work on ps3 without conversion. https://gamebanana.com/sounds/42221
Now I've spent the better part of a day trying to convert the .ogv files from XradicalD's mod to .pam using veedub and pamftools, but I haven't had any luck. Programs keep crashing or not properly converting, and I've all but given up. If any of you could find a way to convert the .mkv files in XradicalD's mod to .pam files that would be incredibly helpful.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4