Hooya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I've been practicing my soldering to be confident when finally get a modchip and a Wii. I feel very good about how I'm doing with what I have to practice on (an old sound card and a few dissected game controllers), but I want to make sure I don't get caught off guard by how small and/or close together the soldering points are.

If I had a Wii I would just pull it a part, take a quick look and find some analogous spots on the sound card (or something harder) and go from there, but since I won't have a Wii until late March, I can't do that. And just try to convince a buddy to let you open his Wii... quick way to get punched in the face.
unsure.gif

So can anyone with hands on experience with the insides of a Wii (maybe you've already soldered on the wires or even got your chip installed already!) can you give me an idea? Just something to go by, as I'm always astounded by how small the Wii actually is, and the videos make me all
blink.gif
wtf.gif
huh.gif
wacko.gif
if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance!

(totally off topic, but we definitely need some Wii related emoticons on this board. maybe a smilie losing grip on his remote or at least doing some WarioWare style motions)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...