Hardware Softmod wii affecting my disc drive?

TommyAsk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello guys, I'm pretty much new in this area. Maybe it's a little bit long but bare with me lol.

I have brought my wii since years ago, but barely know anything few days ago when I decide to play it again. So I can play my wii using dvd drive, but then I want to update my wii version and it was failed because my wii was modded.

Since I knew it was modded I decided to play using USBLoader instead (I got it installed already) but it didn't work probably because it's outdated, so I basically mod my wii again using XFLAX thread, it's kinda different from what I read but I manage to install the wads,etc. USBLoader was working (but still needs SD card loaded) <-- idk how it supposed to be but I hope it can work without the sd card, but thenn, when I want to play the disc, the icon/thumbnails of the game appeared in the top left channel which means the wii can identify the disc, hit the button and the song play along, hit the start and then the error and eject message appears.

I tried some disc which was working fine before but still the error message appear, so I suspecting the lens, tried to clean it with alcohol method, but still no luck until now. Was it just coincidence or it wasn't working because of the mod? Really appreciate the help.

mason_idk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, I'm pretty much new in this area. Maybe it's a little bit long but bare with me lol.

I have brought my wii since years ago, but barely know anything few days ago when I decide to play it again. So I can play my wii using dvd drive, but then I want to update my wii version and it was failed because my wii was modded.

Since I knew it was modded I decided to play using USBLoader instead (I got it installed already) but it didn't work probably because it's outdated, so I basically mod my wii again using XFLAX thread, it's kinda different from what I read but I manage to install the wads,etc. USBLoader was working (but still needs SD card loaded) <-- idk how it supposed to be but I hope it can work without the sd card, but thenn, when I want to play the disc, the icon/thumbnails of the game appeared in the top left channel which means the wii can identify the disc, hit the button and the song play along, hit the start and then the error and eject message appears.

I tried some disc which was working fine before but still the error message appear, so I suspecting the lens, tried to clean it with alcohol method, but still no luck until now. Was it just coincidence or it wasn't working because of the mod? Really appreciate the help.
For me what happens is if you don't have it updated download multi mod manager find it on a tread its common and no your disc drive is not broken unless if you try to play the game regularly and it doesn't work probably but try it a few times

TommyAsk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
For me what happens is if you don't have it updated download multi mod manager find it on a tread its common and no your disc drive is not broken unless if you try to play the game regularly and it doesn't work probably but try it a few times
As long as I know it has nothing to do with the mods then it's worth to try. I was just afraid I did something wrong which affect my disc reading. Thank you for your reply ;)

mason_idk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as I know it has nothing to do with the mods then it's worth to try. I was just afraid I did something wrong which affect my disc reading. Thank you for your reply ;)
I'm pretty new to it happens to me to maybe just an old wii issue but I'm new to nodding as well as well do you have Riivolution app on hombrew?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm pretty new to it happens to me to maybe just an old wii issue but I'm new to nodding as well as well do you have Riivolution app on hombrew?
:)

Also Riivolution is a game modded here is my link for it no others work :( https://www.mediafire.com/file/irsuvkhdd2kxqj5/1.04_riivolution.7z/file

TommyAsk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
No

No I don't have riivolution. I just simply run the wiimod.exe and follow through, and then there are 2 folders which is copy_to_sd and copy_to_usb which I assume I can run the usb without the SD, and then when I plugged in both sd and usb and open my MMM, it only reads my SD card, so I still have no clue about the copy_to_usb since I still need to plug the SD card when I want to play the game in usb

TommyAsk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
For usb you need to get cios s installed 222 and other things you con look for a thread they are common

No I don't have riivolution. I just simply run the wiimod.exe and follow through, and then there are 2 folders which is copy_to_sd and copy_to_usb which I assume I can run the usb without the SD, and then when I plugged in both sd and usb and open my MMM, it only reads my SD card, so I still have no clue about the copy_to_usb since I still need to plug the SD card when I want to play the game in usb. You mean so I can play using usb without sd card I nees to install the cios 222?

Reactions: mason_idk

mason_idk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I don't have riivolution. I just simply run the wiimod.exe and follow through, and then there are 2 folders which is copy_to_sd and copy_to_usb which I assume I can run the usb without the SD, and then when I plugged in both sd and usb and open my MMM, it only reads my SD card, so I still have no clue about the copy_to_usb since I still need to plug the SD card when I want to play the game in usb. You mean so I can play using usb without sd card I nees to install the cios 222?
You just need to leave as in its wierd :/

For usb you need to get cios s install cios 222 and other things you con look for a thread they are common

For usb you need to get install cios 222 and other things you con look for a thread they are common

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...