Sofmodding a wii

kkm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read plenty of things on the subject of installing the Homebrew channel on the wii system and pretty much understand the steps to take. My kids got the wii last Christmas not sure of the running firmeware however it has never been updated due to the fact it is not hooked up to a network. Nor do I want to hook it to a network, I only want something to enable the system to play backup copies of the games for the seem to scratch them. I am a single mom trying to figure this out my question is once I install these apps. can they be used for this purpose without hooking the system to a network? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your goal is to just have the ability to play backups, then I you will not need a network to play them. To play backups, you need the Twilight Hack or the Homebrew Channel to install the Backup Launcher and for that you need Twilight Princess which you can probably buy at a game store.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
In order to answer that question it would be helpful to know the version you are on. Turn on the wii, open the wii settings menu and there should be a version for Example 3.1U 3.2U etc.

Assuming it is on an early firmware version yes it should be more than possible to get backups running from that wii without a network connection.

If it is version 3.3+ it will unfortunately need one to be downgraded to allow wad installing.

I would be happy to help you get it all installed, provided you have the tools you need (Retail copy of zelda twilight princess, an SD card)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A