blackcorvo

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I was having a hard time finding any solutions for this, so I decided to try on my own and discovered an easy way to inject SMS roms into VC using the Ultimate GEN-MD Forwarder, or the New Super Ultimate Injector 3DS.
Since it uses picodrive as it's main emulator core for Genesis/MegaDrive games, it also plays .SMS files, but the Forwarder won't read those. However, it WILL read .SMD files, and if you simply change the extension from .SMS to .SMD, it works perfectly.

So, if you've been looking for a way to do this all this time, like me, but couldn't find a solution, here it is. Try it yourself!

Hardback247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it better to just use the Game Gear versions of most games, since they are nearly identical to the Master System versions, anyway?

Hardback247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so all I have to do is just put the SMS file in New Super Ultimate Injector, and make a CIA out if it as if it were a Genesis game?

Larry91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 3 ways.
1. Emulators (mGBA or Retroarch collection)
2. Virtual Console. You need to download New Super Ultimate Injector to embed GBA games for 3DS games format
3. GBArunner2 (as part of Twilightmenu ++, you need to download it). The operation principle is the same as in the second option (launching games through the Nintendo DS mode), but you don't need to convert anything + there are more settings.

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
There are 3 ways.
1. Emulators (mGBA or Retroarch collection)
2. Virtual Console. You need to download New Super Ultimate Injector to embed GBA games for 3DS games format
3. GBArunner2 (as part of Twilightmenu ++, you need to download it). The operation principle is the same as in the second option (launching games through the Nintendo DS mode), but you don't need to convert anything + there are more settings.
but.. he's talking about sega master system

UltraAziz

Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
GBA injection works because there are gba games for ambassadors, but sms? I'm pretty sure that isn't available officially

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb