Hacking "SD has GPT only" error (filed-based)

chagas12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got CFW in my switch using modchip via a professional, it worked fine, I got games and some apps, but I wanted to update the SD card for memory.

After searching here, in the FAQ and guides, the recommendation was to follow the NH Server Guide or the Rentry Guide
I bought a 400gb SD card (almost sure it's legit via reviews and testing on PC) and followed the File Based Method because in the emuMMC info from Hekate, it said "SD File" (to double-check, it says "file-based" on the emuMMC/SD00 folder) so I formatted to fat32 and transferred the files

But the method didn't work, I tried to boot into EmuNand (atmosphere) and I got the "SD has GPT only" error, it works fine with the old SD card.

Is there a fix to this error? If not, it is worth a try to redo the CFW installation method (the rentry guide) on the new SD with the partition method? If so, do I just do it or there are extra steps?

The only fix I found it here was the "Fix archive bit" but it didn't work

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
GPT (GUID Partition Table) is a formatting scheme used on hard drives too, if you used Windows OS to format the SD card it won't allow you to do it on drives of more than 32 GB.

You need a third party software for that, try using GUIFormat software on your SD, just ensure you're selecting the correct drive letter before.

chagas12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
GPT (GUID Partition Table) is a formatting scheme used on hard drives too, if you used Windows OS to format the SD card it won't allow you to do it on drives of more than 32 GB.

You need a third party software for that, try using GUIFormat software on your SD, just ensure you're selecting the correct drive letter before.

I used GUIFormat, can this problem occur if I used a different alocation unit size than 32k?

format the card using Hekate and then copy your files. Hekate take care of everything.

In this case, I set up Hekate in the new SD and then format the card?

chagas12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Solved! (I hope)

Before trying the Hekate method, I tried it on an Ubuntu notebook, and it worked just fine.

On Windows, copying the emuMMC was straight-up deleting the single partition from the card for some reason.

I still don't know where the problem lies, if it's the SD, the adapter, the USB port, or Windows, so I'm gonna regularly backup

Windows is one of the shittiest operating systems when it comes to dealing with partitions.
Yeah, this is the proof.

Thank you, everyone, for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge