(Request) More Wi-fi connections?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by RandomKid150, Nov 21, 2016.

1. RandomKid150
    OP

RandomKid150 Translator

Nov 4, 2015
    United States
    Texas
    Is there anyway to bypass the 3-slot limit for wi-fi connections?

2. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    i doubt it. why do you need more than 3?

3. RandomKid150
    OP

RandomKid150 Translator

Nov 4, 2015
    United States
    Texas
    Like if you wanted one at your house, your friends house, relatives house, certain places, etc.

McWhiters9511 likes this.
  4. swabbo

swabbo Wot u doin readin dis m8?

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    Useless, takes less than 3 minutes to just delete one and reconnect to a new one

Seriel likes this.
  5. RandomKid150
    OP

RandomKid150 Translator

Nov 4, 2015
    United States
    Texas
    But what if you didn't feel like keeping track of passwords every time you had to delete a connection for a new one?

6. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    Then maybe you shouldn't connect to the internet everywhere you go?

I don't se why you would need more than 3, but the settings would be hard to modify I would think.

7. swabbo

swabbo Wot u doin readin dis m8?

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    I mean, if you REALLY REALLY want more connections, then your only options are: do it yourself or pay someone else to do it for you (assuming it's even possible) I don't think anyone would go to all the trouble of adding more connections for free

Sorry buddy :)

8. Niscandia

Niscandia Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    United States
    There is a way to do a "4th" internet connection. But it isn't as secure.
    First -> delete your home internet connection
    Second -> Make a homepass router
    Third -> Do not setup MAC address changing on a schedule

Now your 3ds will auto connect to the homepass router (attwifi) and you now have a 4th slot. Just one that you can not edit. If you setup Mac address shuffling, every time the Mac address changes you will lose your internet connection. This is a rather annoying problem if you go with some of the larger sets allowing you to change the MAC address every few minutes. So if you use this method, do not have the MAC address change, unless it changes when you will not be online (aka change once a day at midnight)

I have been looking at another possibility, but you could kill the open wifi connections you get at different stores with your 3ds. And until I get my old 3ds back up and running, I'm not willing to test it out. But if you want to take a better look into it it is rather a simple idea.

conf:/hotspot.conf

This file contains a listing of all hotspots the 3ds will connect to. Some do have the security keys. The idea would be to add the extra wifi places you want into this file. In doing so you gain extra "hotspots" that only your 3ds knows how to connect to. Problem is, I don't know if anyone has tried to add any wifi to it. But supposedly the file can contain 100 hotspots, and only around 50 or so are actually used.

If you want more info on hotspot.conf, take a look at: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Nintendo_Zone