Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
none of the kits, that i am aware of, contain anything that would make them illegal. they are hardware based solutions or contain add-ons for special chipped hardware. the k1 is an actual console and it does contain the gba bios. however, nintendo no longer manufacturers that hardware. the same could be said for genesis handhelds, as the patent for that hardware has expired.

i think you would want to focus on the newly developed k101 because it looks like its own thing. the k1 actually looks like an sp, and tries to mimic the actual sp, making it clearly seem like a pirated device. where as the k101 simply uses a modified version of the gemei tech a330 shell, so it doesn't look like a GBA at all.

the original dingoo a320 was brought back into production by popular demand. it is still an incredibly useful system. there is a huge following of emulation porters, homebrew developers, and gamers for the system. it might also be something to consider stocking. right now there is one guy that the community trusts, he runs http://www.dingoo-digital-usa.com/. a second source for the product would be a great thing, especially if you could beat his price by a few dollars.

-another world

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Never ordered RHS before but your price on DSTWO is cheapest I have seen with my prefered payment options.
So I probably place an order next week when the cash comes ^^

Sad to hear about your friend Ron.
May he rest in peace.
rest-in-peace.jpg

cynful09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never ordered RHS before but your price on DSTWO is cheapest I have seen with my prefered payment options.
So I probably place an order next week when the cash comes ^^

Sad to hear about your friend Ron.
May he rest in peace.
rest-in-peace.jpg

Thank you for your kind words.

Pyrii

Trophies
XP
Country
My Condolences on your friend.

May I ask what's the deal with realhotstuff.hk in comparison to realhotstuff.com

As someone from the UK wanting a DSTwo, what do you recommend? What shipping can I expect?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

May I ask what's the deal with realhotstuff.hk in comparison to realhotstuff.com

As someone from the UK wanting a DSTwo, what do you recommend? What shipping can I expect?
I ordered three R4i Gold for several of my friends from realhotstuff.hk and they arrived 10 days after I got the confirmation email. No paypal but I didn't have any problem with paying with credit card.

Pyrii

Trophies
XP
Country

I ordered three R4i Gold for several of my friends from realhotstuff.hk and they arrived 10 days after I got the confirmation email. No paypal but I didn't have any problem with paying with credit card.
I got tot he checkout at that site and a keep of red flags were raised, firstly the $1.60 "insurance" which is paying for something that I should have anyway. If the product doesn't arrive at my doorstep, I'm entitled to a refund. Second was the fact I had to give my card details on their site, including CSV. If you can vouch for no problems with your card that that helps ease my mind.

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear he is gone, really great site i recommend it to all my friends. Speed is great and customer service, we need more people like Ron to create such great sites.

D

Deleted User

I got my ez flash IV from them in the mail today everything turned out fine no weird charges to my card

suppow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no disrespect to whoever worked to get the site back up, but that banner really needs to go. the logo isn't very professional, looks rather juvenile, and does not instill confidence upon a buyer who is about to enter their credit card information.

towards the end of shoptemp they tried to make extra money by selling odd chinese goods, such as scarfs. it never made sense to me. its a flash kit site, it should sell flash kits, chinese handhelds, mod chips, chargers, accessories, etc. not scarfs, rings, and whatever else.

the ds-era of gaming is pretty much over. i'm sure you guys are already feeling the loss of revenue. it is time to expand your product base. why not contact the guys at k1gba.com and ask if you can carry the k1 gba sp and the k101. a move to carry that product would make more sense to me than clothing.

-another world

You don't like the banner? Ron actually had someone do the banner for realhotstuff.hk and we just copied it over. If someone is willing to make a banner in exchange for product that is certainly up for discussion.

As for the clothing etc. that will probably stay up on the HK site. I will probably take it off the USA site.

K1 GBA? Never heard of it. If there is a clear cut demand we will carry it, but I will definitely bring it up with management. Thank you for your suggestions. If there are any other carts out there you would like to suggest I'd appreciate it.

Sorry to hear the bad news, may he rest in peace.

Though i think the suggestion made Another Word was a bit rude, no offense, i'd be willing to make a banner and such for the website if you'd like, i could take some suggestions from you.
If you're interested PM me or such, anything to help, btw is there any difference from the .com and .hk site? does it carry tems that the other doesnt.

edit:
as to adding other products, this might be a longshot, but at least for me, it'd be nice to able to find gba and ngc stuff, i dont know how many people might be interested in those, but they're getting harder to find, might have to ask the community about that. -perhaps doing it on a per order basis, so as not to lose money with stock. idk

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
it would be rude to let them to continue to conduct business with a banner designed by a middle school student with photoshop portable. you do know that most buyers make up their minds about a site in under 10 seconds. i see a flashing gif banner from the late 90s and i already do not want to share my credit card information with the site.

-another world

Reactions: 2 people

cynful09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you are just going to use free shipping, we recommend our HK site. The unit price is lower because there is no custom fees incurred.

For expedited shipping, our .COM site is better because FedEx International will get it to you in 1- 3 days with real time tracking.

Both sites are extremely secure as we host them on 3D cart. However, our .COM site uses stricter regulations concerning international credit cards. If our gateway company cannot verify your credentials or your credit card bank does not participate in the verification process, then the transaction will not go through. If you have issues, you may contact us to pay with pay pal.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about the loss. I've never been dissatisfied by your services, so it appears that he founded a good company, something that others could take to learn a bit for from. I hope his passing doesn't harm the company as a whole, business wise.

My condolences to his family, friends, and coworkers.

Pyrii

Trophies
XP
Country

If you are just going to use free shipping, we recommend our HK site. The unit price is lower because there is no custom fees incurred.

For expedited shipping, our .COM site is better because FedEx International will get it to you in 1- 3 days with real time tracking.

Both sites are extremely secure as we host them on 3D cart. However, our .COM site uses stricter regulations concerning international credit cards. If our gateway company cannot verify your credentials or your credit card bank does not participate in the verification process, then the transaction will not go through. If you have issues, you may contact us to pay with pay pal.
Well given that coming in there's no difference between the US and hong kong as long as the company is the same, the part I take issue with is in the .hk site at the checkout:
Don't Add Insurance (By choosing NOT to insure my package I understand that this store is NOT responsible for any loss or damage to the package or its contents incurred during shipping)
Derp, I am offended to see this attempted scam. If it doesn't arrive or comes damaged, the burden of guilt is on the retailer to prove it was sent and was sent undamaged.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well given that coming in there's no difference between the US and hong kong as long as the company is the same, the part I take issue with is in the .hk site at the checkout:
Don't Add Insurance (By choosing NOT to insure my package I understand that this store is NOT responsible for any loss or damage to the package or its contents incurred during shipping)
Derp, I am offended to see this attempted scam. If it doesn't arrive or comes damaged, the burden of guilt is on the retailer to prove it was sent and was sent undamaged.

Consider they prove it was sent and undamaged, at that. You have no insurance on the package. Is it still their problem? You typically choose to add insurance if you want a fallback should a problem arise.

Note that I've never had a problem receiving a damaged or lost package from any company, rhs or not, us based or not.

cynful09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The USA site (realhotstuff.com) actually has the same shipping insurance option with the same language. We do not mean to offend any customers, but in order to cut down costs and compete with other flashcart resellers we cannot automatically insure all packages, especially since we are also offering free shipping on the majority of our products.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)