Homebrew [QUESTION] encTitlekey vs decTitlekey

mIRChele

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I want to know differences between encTitlekey and decTitlekey. In particular, I've experienced that, with CIAngel, you can download software through ninty servers by using a titleid/enctitlekey pair. However, on that titlekey site, you could add a title key by providing titleid and dectitlekey (not dectitlekey). In fact, on that site, there are some softwares which have only a dectitlekey and not an encrypted one. As far as I can tell, freeshop/CIAngel don't download anything using a dectitlekey but they use encrypted titlekeys, so in my vision the decrypted key upload in the titlekey site is pretty useless. I tried to search for the reason why both seems to be important, but I can't find anything useful. In short, my questions are:

1) What is the relation between encTitlekey and decTitlekey?

2) Since CIAngel and freeShop uses titleID and encTitlekey, why the decTitlekey is important? (seems that is even more important than the encrypted one on that titlekey site)

3) Is it possible to have CIAngel use the encTitlekey instead of the decTitlekey?

4) Is there a way to convert encrypted titlekeys to decrypted titlekeys and/or viceversa?

Thank you for the attention, I hope I'll understand more clearly this question.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the deifference is that one of them is encrypted and the other one is decrypted, logical right?
you can turn encrypted ttitlekeys to decrypted titlekeys by decrypting them and vice versa, also logical right?
you practically answered your question already m8

Reactions: Catsinabucket

mIRChele

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
this is what I thought, but, if this is the matter, which is the encryption key? why CIAngel wants an encrypted titlekey and not a decrypted titlekey? if they are the same thing and we can decrypt an enctitlekey into a dectitlekey and viceversa, where are the tools which allow us to do so?

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
this is what I thought, but, if this is the matter, which is the encryption key? why CIAngel wants an encrypted titlekey and not a decrypted titlekey? if they are the same thing and we can decrypt an enctitlekey into a dectitlekey and viceversa, where are the tools which allow us to do so?
decrypt9. anyways just use freeshop and scan the qr code from that titlekey site

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These have been answered elsewhere. But basically, the titlekey site accepts decrypted keys so that it can verify they're correct (it can do this automatically), then the site author can encrypt them manually on the 3DS himself to ensure that no keys on the site are ever fake.

Encryption cannot be done by freeShop or CIAngel because of access restrictions. It would require CFW mods. Decrypt9 can do it, but requires a9lh or older FW like 9.2.

Reactions: Quantumcat

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
These have been answered elsewhere. But basically, the titlekey site accepts decrypted keys so that it can verify they're correct (it can do this automatically), then the site author can encrypt them manually on the 3DS himself to ensure that no keys on the site are ever fake.

Encryption cannot be done by freeShop or CIAngel because of access restrictions. It would require CFW mods. Decrypt9 can do it, but requires a9lh or older FW like 9.2.
I've ment that he should rather use your freeshop then ciangel and just scan the qr code on that site

mIRChele

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay, so games that currently doesn't display an enctitlekey on that site means they are yet to be verified, this makes sense.
Thank you very much to let me understand better.

One last question: I've found a titleID/enctitlekey pair of a software which works in CIAngel (I can download it and it works). If I want to get the dectitlekey in order to upload it on that site, how could I do? I tried decrypting my titlekeys using decrypt9 and used a program to display them on the PC (NintendoCDN-TicketParser), but only legit titles appears.

EDIT: I used the scripts found in Decrypt9 zip to do that and it worked. Thank you for being so kind to me!

Last edited by mIRChele,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've ment that he should rather use your freeshop then ciangel and just scan the qr code on that site
Or use whichever you feel like using, there is no "should" involved, they both have access to the same games, CIAngel sometimes slightly earlier than FreeShop depending on cache rebuild timing. CIAngel also allows (as OP has found) entering your own titleid/titlekey pairs, which aren't in the titlekey site yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them