Question About PKSM

Lori_San

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I recently homebrewed my 3ds to play ds games I cant buy physically and/or cant afford. Alongside that, I also found PKSM. I was wondering, if I reset a game while pokemon are stored in PKSM's storage system, will they get deleted alongside the games save data? I'm a paranoid little bugger and I dont wanna lose the mons I've had for nearly 10 years. This is mainly about XY/ORAS/SM/USUM.

My 3ds wifi is broken (randomly turns on and off, switch doesnt work most of the time) and I dont have a way to repair it myself, so using Pokemon Bank is unreliable at best.

Thanks for any help!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering, if I reset a game while pokemon are stored in PKSM's storage system, will they get deleted alongside the games save data?
PKSM requires the game save (decrypted ones for the 3DS games), when you import your save in PKSM you can edit it however you want, you can transfer Mons to another save (of a different Pokémon game for example), and your Mons will stay in both saves, unless you deliberately removed them from one or the other.
As for whether your save stay if you decide to reset your save, depends on if it's a gbs/ds or 3ds game, either way i'd always keep a backup save (separate), Checkpoint backed up (decrypted) save for the 3ds games, so you wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

MinnowBot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently homebrewed my 3ds to play ds games I cant buy physically and/or cant afford. Alongside that, I also found PKSM. I was wondering, if I reset a game while pokemon are stored in PKSM's storage system, will they get deleted alongside the games save data? I'm a paranoid little bugger and I dont wanna lose the mons I've had for nearly 10 years. This is mainly about XY/ORAS/SM/USUM.

My 3ds wifi is broken (randomly turns on and off, switch doesnt work most of the time) and I dont have a way to repair it myself, so using Pokemon Bank is unreliable at best.

Thanks for any help!
Well i am unsure if it keeps the pokemon in the storage, what I can tell you is that installing Checkpoint is probably a worthwile install for you. You can have multiple game saves via back ups on Checkpoint.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy