LeNoobio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello there!
I've recently cleaned my PS3 Slim (CECH-2004A) and renewed the TP (did not delid).
I was in a meme'ish state and - of all my games - just had to replay House of the Dead: Overkill, this time in full 3D mode.
Fun fact: If you keep those cardboard anaglyph glasses on for too long, your colour perception might be off for some time :D

Anyways - mid run I started to check the temperature and also the noise (with a smartphone + app).
Temps were set to be kept around 69°C, which worked fine. The fan was spinning around 40%-55% to achieve that.
But I got/still get around 55dB of overall noise from the running system, and there is this very strange "humming" (similar to fast disc-spinning or old vacuum cleaners something like that).

My question is: is the fan supposed to be at least "bearable" at these speeds? Because honestly, it's not for me in my room/setup.
Wanted to ask if anyone has experience or some input before I consider replacing the fan. The temps are basically fine I guess (68°C/65°C at peak with Uncharted 2 for example), so delidding doesn't sound promising to me in order to reduce the noise significantly (the "humming" of the fan already starts to get noticable at around 30%)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1