ROM Hack PS1 on 3DS

Midnight Locke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious. What PS1 games have you all tested that run perfectly fine on 3DS and by what method did you play them? Latest PCSX Unai or the old one included in the Forwarder Creator. Just a curious question.

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I wouldn’t use the word perfect for PSX emulation on a low spec device. It’s all a matter of trade offs. But properly configured pcsx runs a significant number of games with little or no obvious flaws.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Played Revelations: Persona and the Persona 2 duology with barely any problems aside from minor lag on the very first battle encounter sfter starting the games from the home menu

I used the Forwarder and my New 3DS XL

Reactions: Midnight Locke

Midnight Locke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn’t use the word perfect for PSX emulation on a low spec device. It’s all a matter of trade offs. But properly configured pcsx runs a significant number of games with little or no obvious flaws.
Ah yeah of course. I meant perfect keeping in mind the limitations and whatnot. Been trying to run Gran Turismo 2. Doesn't seem to load half the polygons. Runs around 0-4 fps or so. Just curious what games people tested that run well enough.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Played Revelations: Persona and the Persona 2 duology with barely any problems aside from minor lag on the very first battle encounter sfter starting the games from the home menu

Ayee great answer. Haven't played the first two. Have played 3-5. Def ones I'll try myself. Would be great to have on the go.

Last edited by Midnight Locke,

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ah yeah of course. I meant perfect keeping in mind the limitations and whatnot. Been trying to run Gran Turismo 2. Doesn't seem to load half the polygons. Runs around 0-4 fps or so. Just curious what games people tested that run well enough.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ayee great answer. Haven't played the first two. Have played 3-5. Def ones I'll try myself. Would be great to have on the go.
Keep in mind Persona 1 on PS1 is heavilly censored and altered, not even having the Snow Queen Quest alternative route

The PSP version is more faithful to the japanese version, removing all censorship and restoring the Snow Queen Quest, but the encounter rate is nuts

Zetasine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey, I’ve been having trouble getting past scanning memory card in Revelations: Persona, did you happen to have this problem? I still haven’t found a fix

Stefano_Lassandro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What games I've tested (no comments = runs perfectly):
Ace Combat 3, Crash Bandicoot, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid (perfect gameplay, lags during cutscenes), Spyro The Dragon (Random lags due to the constant loading and unloading of map parts, easily fixed), Tomb Raider III (Playable, but a bit laggy at times, playing it just because I'm nostalgic), Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (music lags sometimes), Mega Man Legends 2, R-Type Delta (runs awfully, but can be played).

Using the latest version of the RetroArch PSX core, with settings like pixel skip and fast lighting enabled (there's a Reddit post somewhere wich explains what are the fastest settings)

Reactions: Lucaserf

Lucaserf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
What games I've tested (no comments = runs perfectly):
Ace Combat 3, Crash Bandicoot, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid (perfect gameplay, lags during cutscenes), Spyro The Dragon (Random lags due to the constant loading and unloading of map parts, easily fixed), Tomb Raider III (Playable, but a bit laggy at times, playing it just because I'm nostalgic), Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (music lags sometimes), Mega Man Legends 2, R-Type Delta (runs awfully, but can be played).

Using the latest version of the RetroArch PSX core, with settings like pixel skip and fast lighting enabled (there's a Reddit post somewhere wich explains what are the fastest settings)
Nice, I've tested and wrote a few comments about Ace Combat 3 compatibility in the PCSX compatibility spread sheet. How good was the cutscene audio ? Mine was choppy without frameskip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)