Homebrew Problem with Gamecube Games launch (Hacked Wii)

Naked__Snake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys. I'm sorry to distrub, but since nothing I've tried so far is working, I'm in need for your help.

I've hacked my Wii a long time ago, and I wanted to get back to some of my favorites GC games recently. So, I put the disk on, try to launch it and....Black Screen, with the sound of three little "Clics", and then nothing more. The Wii didn't even turned off.

I go online, check a few treads, and it seems the problem is installing DIOS MIOS doesn't allow to play GC games from the DVD anymore.
So, I take my HDD, format it in FAT 32 with 32k cluster size, I create the "games" folder, put my game in it in a special folder after renaming it "game.iso" and everything, I launch USB launcher GX, tell him to launch the game, aaaand....Black screen, with the sound of three little "Clics", and then nothing more.

I've tried every launchers for GC by USB so far, and I've also re-installed DIOS MIOS V2.10 via Pimp My wii multiple times : Nothing do. I still got this black screen, with this sound of three little "clics" at the beguinning...

This GC game worked well before with Dios Mios, it's Tales Of Symphonia. So, I don't think ether the game nor the launcher are in cause, but I think there's a problem with my installation of DIOS MIOS. I've been carefull not to installe DM lite, so it's should be okay...

If anybody got a piece of advice for me, I would be in your debt. And If not, I wish you a good day anyway. Thanks for all the helpfull treads on this very forum, that's really awesome.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you got 'RVL-mios-v10.wad' installed? That should allow GC games to be played from disc, for Dios Mios to run you'll need to install 'BC-NUS-V6.wad' instead. For the time being it's either or, so if you're wanting to play on disc, install the right wad.

If that doesn't work (and the 3 clicks doesn't sound too healthy if you ask me anyway) then I'm not sure...

Naked__Snake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dear muffy, I've installed RVL-mios-v10.wad as you advised, and right now, the intro of Tales Of Symphonia is playing on my TV. So, thanks a lot to you !

So, you say that if I want to play from USB, I would have to install BC-NUS-V6.wad ? I don't quite understand the architecture of the Wii Hacking right now, so it's pretty unclear to me about what I did for now (Hacking, installing different Iso, Dios Mios and launchers). But, thanks again for your advice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in