Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
This may be better reported here, or on github

TLDR;
Everything seems to be working fine, except for when I boot into Priiloader (either on startup or using Priiloader launcher from HBC) and try to exit out of it by going to any of the available options (HBC, System Menu, Bootmii), I get a black screen.

--------------------

Wii 4.3U

This might be long.

So I already had a lengthy discussion with XFlak over at discord, but here's the gist.

I softmodded my Wii few years ago following the guide from wii.hacks, this involved the LetterBomb method.

I recently decided to use my Wii again and thought to see if I needed to update anything and came across ModMii, after running SysCheck and following the guide it generated, I installed the Wads and Stubs. After which I used the HomeBrew channel (that I had from before) to update any apps, I updated USB Loader GX, another app and Priiloader, the Priiloader update crashed and showed an Exception (DSi) message (which I searched and found that it was a memory corruption) and restarted my Wii and tried updating it again which worked this time.

Now I launched Priiloader Installer from HBC which gave another error (IOS 36 isn't patched) and returned to HBC, I tried launching it again, which worked this time and checked if any updates were pending.
Returned to HBC, and Exit to System Menu launched Priiloader.

From here is where things kinda went wrong, I enabled "Remove NoCopy Protection" and tried to exit to System Menu after saving it, and I was stuck on a black screen. I force shut it down and launched Priiloader on boot, this time I try to exit to HBC and I get the black screen again, the same result for trying to exit to bootmii from Priiloader.

XFlak mentioned that it's better I use the Priiloader version that comes bundled with ModMii as the newer one has a bug, so I did.

But I kinda screwed up, I loaded the SD Card and noticed a disk update on my CD channel, this was the first time this happened and I thought it was related to the process and went along with the update, though I ran SysCheck later and nothing seems to be lost, I got another report sayint I have optional cIOS and can replace it with stubs.

But the issue of black screen still persists, when I tried to launch Priiloader on boot and exit to system menu, it works the first time but subsequent tries result in a black screen, I try launching into Priiloader from HBC, works the first time when I try to exit into SM, but black screen next time.

So, stuff still works, I don't seem to have bricked it and idk what exactly's causing this, if I can't boot into HBC or Bootmii from Priiloader it's kinda useless.

I ended up blocking updates and enabling the basic System Menu Hacks mentioned in the guide (which I thought I did the first time but they were all disabled).

I was suggested to build a forwarder dol for HBC which I will try later.

Now perhaps this huge post wasn't required and it might just be a small bug, I thought it would be nice to present everything that happened.

Do let me know if I have to share anything else, thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit